Xbox Live Activity for the week of Nov. 8 – Black Ops and MW2 take top spots

Thursday, 18th November 2010 18:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

blackops4

Major Nelson has posted the Xbox Live Activity chart the week of November 8, and the chart will only be posted every other week from here on out, said the man himself.

Instead, on alternating weeks, the Major will be posting a list showing activity on the Xbox Live Marketplace, specifically the top items purchased, allowing him to “show a new dimension of Live Activity” when posted.

It should prove to be interesting.

Here’s a list of what folks were playing on XBL last week, and of course Black Ops took the cake followed by Modern Warfare 2:

Top Live Titles

15. Bloody Good Time
  16. Sonic Adventure
  17. Game Room
  18. Snoopy Flying Ace
  19. 3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures 2
  20. Family Game Night

Indie and GFWL titles can be found through the Major’s blog.

1. NoxNoctisUmbra

How About PSN? Sure Black ops might be on top, but would love to see the other 19 titles.

2. reask

I wonder why PS don’t do one actually.

3. Dark

WTF,all the COD titles in the list!!!

4. horse

I didn’t know you could play Fallout NV on Live

5. Psychotext

That’s not how it works. It’s games (MP or SP) played whilst connected to live.

6. Erthazus

@2, because no one playing on the playstation *trollface* :D

7. ARFarokhi

Sh!t. I thought Reach will stay in first place for a long time. At least second now that BO is released, not third.

8. freedoms_stain

@7, What most of my Halo/CoD loving friends (I love neither) say that after CoD Halo is just too slow online.

9. NoxNoctisUmbra

Also MW1, MW2 and Black Ops are bit newer over HALO recipe, fresh and intuitive, fast, more real, or modern.

Halo is good on its own, but very very arcade, needs lots of bullets to kill, has vehicles wich is fun, but mehh got old quick after Halo 2 for me.

10. RETARDED VIKING

WHOOPS i made people leave Gears2 because of my incredibly superior awesome godlike skills at the game. HAHAHAHAHA HAR :D

11. thyho

Almost half of top 10 is COD franchise.
    must be something in the water.

12. OlderGamer

JP game makers may well have lost their way over the past few years, but damn if the western game makers aren’t beating the FPS horse to death.

Thanks to the game gods for XBLA and PSN.

Hell I will let a once well gaurded secreat out of the bag, I have just hit over 50 hours loged into Phantasy Star portable 2. And I hate PSP, too small screen, too small buttons, funky anolog thumb nub … but I got componete cables, hooked it up to a HD 17inch little TV, and it is tollerable. Best part – I am not playing a FPS!

My god people, really, on the whole we need to expand what we like and play. FPSs are going to drown and crush the industry.

13. RETARDED VIKING