Black Ops update now available for PS3 and Xbox 360

Thursday, 18th November 2010 17:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

black ops zombie team

Treyarch has announced it’s updated Call of Duty: Black Ops for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

The title update is basically the same, with improvement made to matchmaking, some leaderboard tracking changes, some fine tuning, and some other fixes.

So far, the only difference between the two updates, is that the PS3 version has had an optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game. Treyarch said this “will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends”.

You can view the list of fixes and improvements for PS3 and 360 through the respective links.

Fixes in progress for both versions include:

• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
  • Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
  • Prevention of a rare issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances

Fixes in progress for PC include:

• GPU hitching on certain graphics cards.
  • Incomplete server browser results.
  • Improvements to Quickmatch joins (results with better ping and reduced lag).
  • Zombies “The game session is no longer available” error.

We’ll let you know when new updates become available.

1. Goliath

What they need to fix is the game’s broken sound. I can’t hear enemy players with my headset even if they’re 2 feet from me sprinting with marathon. Ninja as a perk is worthless because even without it, the enemy can’t hear your footsteps. Even with ninja pro, you can’t hear the enemies footsteps. Even without the ninja pro perk, I should be able to hear the footsteps of enemies not using ninja.

2. Mattigan

the full list includes the following

· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
    · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses

3. Goliath

They didn’t fine tune anything. I should be able to hear those players not using ninja, if not, what is the point of the ninja perk. I had a game of Domination on Havana and I couldn’t hear a guy sprinting towards my position using marathon. 3 times I died like this. I use a TurtleBeach headset and in previous Call of Duty games, I could easily hear the footsteps of players around me. It render the game unplayable and clearly unbalanced. I use ninja pro to offset players using Ghost/Hacker pro combinations, with the sound broken, and more players unlocking hacker pro or sprinting with lightweight/marathon pro combinations without being heard, the game loses whatever balance they were trying to achieve. I’ve reached level 50 and without the grinding and unlocks I actually enjoyed in previous Call of Duty titles, I’m going back to Halo now. I think I’ve grown weary of Call of Duty all together.

4. stretch215

@3 that’s strange because post-update I can clearly hear footsteps even without ninja pro. You might want to try again or check your audio levels.

5. Moonwalker1982

If the party no longer active error is finally gone, i’ll be happy.

6. Goliath

@ 4

Then you’re one of the few. Go across to the Treyarch forums. There is an uproar over this issue. If you’d like, you can view my file share and see the game for youself. You can’t hear anything.

7. poopoofruits

@1 they made the game like that on purpose, so there’s no sound whoring.

8. DonnerKebab

True

I ditched ninja and can still sneak up on folk, and don’t hear them till 2 feet away…

Not so in MW2

9. stretch215

They are quieter than the footsteps from MW2, but those were completely too loud. I mean, in MW2 you could be on the third story of a building and clearly hear the guy WALKING by on the ground floor. I’m glad it’s not quite that loud.

10. LordVonPunx

What About The Glitch On Defend From The Spetsnaz Assault
    Where it Becomes a Survival Game.

11. Goliath

@ poopoofruits

That doesn’t make any sense. If that were the case there would not have a perk to make you move silently nor would they make an effort to “fine tune” the game’s sound. God, can’t believe people really think “they made the game that way”. If they did, they’re bigger morons than the people who believe that.