Kingdom Hearts 3DS links in with KH3, says Nomura

Wednesday, 17th November 2010 09:44 GMT By Johnny Cullen

kingdomhearts3ds

That’s not a typo.

Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura has said in this week’s Famitsu that Kingdom Hearts 3DS will – in terms of gameplay systems and story – tie in with Kingdom Hearts III.

The sequel has been long demanded for by fans of the series, and has been mentioned more then once by Square.

Nomura also mentioned it was the plan this time round to use all current Disney worlds existing today.

But original locations in the series, such as Traverse Town, will appear.

Nomura added that its gameplay systems are now done and are now going through a trial phase.

No date yet for KH 3DS. 3DS itself launches on February 26 in Japan, with a March release in the US and Europe.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. DBZ0wnz

O.M.G

Not PS3 YOU KIDDING ME!?

Anyway this is Great News!

2. locus2k1

Just want to clarify KH 3DS is what KHIII was going to be, or is it “linked” to the game’s storyline a la Chain of Memories or Birth by Sleep, etc.

3. Hybridpsycho

So, when will we get Kingdom Hearts 3? I don’t give a woops ass about the PSP Games to be honest.

4. Johnny Cullen

I haven’t played a single Kingdom Hearts game since KH1, but I remember loving it. It was my first real RPG experience.

I need to dig into KH2.

5. Blerk

I didn’t like KH2 nearly as much as the first one. Technically it was better in practically every respect, but… I dunno. I wasn’t feeling it for some reason.

6. datamonkey

“That’s not a typo.”

No but this sites grammar recently has become shocking!

Example in this story:

“and has been mentioned more then once by Square.”

It should read ‘than’ not ‘then’.

7. joshua nash

ah, KH3 would be awesome to have on a 360, but more awsome then that would be to have KH1&2 redone in HD released on the 360/PS3 in a collectors boxset exactly like what sony did for god of war

8. Spiral

You know, I’m getting a bit fed up of Square sticking every new iteration on a different system. Fuck ‘em.