Warhammer Online gets playable Skaven, new RvR packs this week

Tuesday, 16th November 2010 10:38 GMT By Patrick Garratt

warhammeronline25

Rats.

Mythic’s confirmed that Warhammer Online’s Verminous Horde patch will go live this week, adding four playable Skaven classes and a Skaven dungeon.

The four classes subs will be able to sink their overlong teeth into will be the Warlock Engineer, the Pack Master, the Rat Ogre and the Gutter Runner.

The patch, which will take the MMO to v1.4.0, will also add a new capture mechanic in Tiers 2-4 of Open RVR.

The update’s free, and willl be available for download this Thursday, November 18.

Two premium RvR packs are also being released on the same day. There’s a Progression Pack and a Personality Pack, including new levels, mounts, pets and whatever else. Get full details here.

The latter two bits of DLC will cost $10 each, or $15 for the pair.

1. Suikoden Fan

wait no counter race? so its 3 good vs 4 evil?

2. Hunam

Wait, what? A game that is known to be very light on end game content is actually charging the users $15-$20 to get the end game content that should have been added in updates anyway?

This game is a fucking joke now. I’d love to know what they actually do with the subscription fees because it doesn’t seem to go back into the fucking game. When you pay subs, you kind of expect content to be rolled out frequently during that time. Not just have a single area and a new race added 2 years after release.

I would go on record and say that this is the single most worse managed MMO on the market, nearly as stupid as APB.

3. Patrick Garratt

I played it for a very short while when it first launched, but just couldn’t get into it. Too much combat and not enough adventuring for me. I hate it when they update with stuff like this, though; makes me want to “give it a go” again.

4. Zurtech

I think it’s free to play now. So they’d be makin their money via micro transactions.

5. Suikoden Fan

@4 its still pay to play

6. Zurtech

Oops, aye silly me.

7. Hunam

Yep still subs.

I’ve not played it in over a year, but when it came out I loved it but didn’t quite have the time for it, when I got back into it again about 6 months later it hadn’t changed. It has some of the best ideas in MMO’s the PVE design is way beyond any game on the market, but that’s been mostly ignored in favour of PVP, which is good, when it isn’t entirely broken.

8. Suikoden Fan

@6 tbh it should be ftp, also the timecards are almost impossible ti find now too