Amazon.co.uk brings Black Friday sales to the UK

Monday, 15th November 2010 12:59 GMT By Patrick Garratt

blackfriday

Black Friday just went British.

Amazon.co.uk just announced some bonkers Black Friday deals for the more Queenly side of the Atlantic, including large discounts on 360s and Wiis.

The store’s going to be offering the following between November 22-26:

• Over 60% off Wii hardware
  • Over 60% off 360 hardware
  • Sony TVs at half price

The discounts are going to take the form of “flash sales,” where limited stock will be offered for a cut price. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.

Black Friday falls on November 26 this year, and marks the start of the Christmas buying season in the US. It’s the Friday after Thanksgiving, for the record.

Black Friday Best Buy and Target deals in the US have already been leaked.

Watch this page for more info, and be sure to follow Amazon UK on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss out.

1. Psychotext

Fucking hell!

I wondered why they’ve had the heading there this week.

2. typeface

I’ve been following this from Friday but never saw what the deals would be like. Just curious where was it mentioned the discounts they’d do. Cause I couldn’t find out what discounts we’d get.
    60% discounts on good games I hope.
    Oh and the Sony TV thing is good too since well you get your VAT refunded if you buy before the year ends (if you need to buy a TV)

3. moosehound

“the more Queenly side of the Atlantic” – nice Pat… made me chuckle and I shall be “borrowing” the phrase :)

4. hitnrun

It’s not really Black Friday if you aren’t bleary-eyed from the ungodly hour and bloated to a near-catatonic state with roast fowl and its inseparable side dishes.

5. Tomo

They better not have PS3s on there or I’ll be bitter… just bought one :/

6. freedoms_stain

On the contrary, if there are ps3′s going at 60% off I’ll be happier than a pig in shit :D

7. xino

good news but

“Black Friday just went British.”

he is still black whether you like it or not:)

African American Friday!

8. guru

simply can’t believe that a profit-oriented company has become that generous that it is willing to sell on LOSS.I don’t know But again they say on limited merchandise so it may be just a marketing tactic.But kool let’s see our first taste of Black Friday.

I like Amazon and usually prefer it over ebay or others as it is easy to spot bargains as many sites have hot links to most disounted pages on amazon which change continously as more items fell in that discount range.Well if helps then try this blog.