Some indie developers are planning a promotion to bring awareness to titles being released on Xbox Live in December.
Called the Indie Games Winter Uprising, the promotion is for 14 games being released the first week in December, and each game will run between 80 to 400 MSP ($1 to $5).
Here is a taste of what you’ll be offered:
- Asteroids Do Concern Me: Test your piloting skills in this addictive one button action game. Featuring five different modes of asteroid dodging fun. The odds of surviving this game are 3720 to 1. Have you got the minerals?Test your piloting skills in this addictive one button action game. Featuring five different modes of asteroid dodging fun. The odds of surviving this game are 3720 to 1. Have you got the minerals?
- Cthulhu Saves the World: Features a new 16-bit visual style, a fantastic soundtrack, sophisticated yet streamlined gameplay, and an epic tale of insanity, romance, and redemption. Save the world to destroy it!.
- Crossfire 2: The follow-up to the Geometry Wars-style dual-stick shooter with new modes, enemy types and weapons.
- Epic Dungeon: The ultimate dungeon crawling experience! Multiple character classes and fast paced gameplay make Epic Dungeon one of the most enjoyable rogue likes to date.
- Soulcaster 2: Equal parts dungeon crawler, strategy and adventure, MagicalTimeBean’s follow-up to the critically-acclaimed Soulcaster features an all-new set of worlds to explore and a soundtrack glossed in late-80’s redbook audio excess. Also: exploding skeletons.
- Ubergrinder: You are in deep space, and nasty one-eyed tentacle toting aliens have broken your spaceship. Help Robert the maintenance robot repair the spaceship, one grid at a time.
- ZP2K9: Zombies & Pterodactyls: In a dystopian future where humans love guns and zombies just want to be left alone, the pterodactyls have seen to it that everyone has to be miserable together. Take your jetpack online and splatter some fools with blades, guns, grenades, and other instruments of mayhem. Earn XP, level up, unlock features, clothes, and skills! Build awesome classes! From the developer of I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1 1NIT!!!1 and The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.
Sounds like a bunch of fun to us.
You can check out the full list through the link up top.