Wed, Nov 10, 2010 | 14:41 GMT
PC patch for Fallout: New Vegas released
As promised last week, Bethesda has released a patch for the PC version of Fallout: New Vegas on Steam.
Version 1.1.1 will fix the following issues you may be experiencing with companions, DirectX, and those dreaded Debt Collectors:
- Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
- Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
- Fix: DLC error/save corruption
- Fix: Stuttering with water effects
- Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
- Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
- Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
- Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
- Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
- Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
- Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
- Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon’s ironsights leaves player control locked
- Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
- Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
- Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
- Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
- Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND
After updating, if you’re having issues opening New Vegas, try to re-verify the files like thus:
- Open Steam
- Right click on Fallout: New Vegas
- Hit Properties
- Click the “Local Files” tab
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Cache”
If that doesn’t work, delete your ini files and repeat steps 1-5.
Thanks, Evil Avatar.