Over 1 million log into XBL to play Black Ops in less than 24 hours

Tuesday, 9th November 2010 20:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

callofdutyblackops19

Treyarch has claimed that as of 1:00am PST, over 1 million users logged into Xbox Live to play Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The information came from a tweet made by Treyarch’s community manager, Josh Olin:

Am I getting solid intel? Is there really almost 1,000,000 players on Xbox LIVE right now??

Olin didn’t provide where this “intel” came from, nor did he mention how many players were logged into the game via PC or PS3, but if the one million figure is correct, it means the game has already gone platinum, day one.

We’ll send a mail and ask about all of this, but it’s likely true as the game itself is trending fantastically on Twitter.

Black Ops was released worldwide at midnight, and reviews for it went live today.

Thanks, Gamespot.

1. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

No matter who makes it, It’s “COD” what do you expect? most people will always buy it….

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Is that a lot?

3. jeremycafe

When are you all going to stop hating on COD games? And how is that true? I know a crap load of people who skipped WaW because of the fact Treyarch made it.

For the few hours I played before work this morning I am more than satisfied with the quality of this title. Don’t blame COD for the lack of quality of other shooters. Until they start providing better games, COD games will sell every year as long as they are provided.

4. OrbitMonkey

I wonder how many of that 1 million were the “COD is for noobs!!, Treyarch are shit!!” brigade? 50%? Playing with a different tag so their *hardcore* chums don’t find out obviously :D

5. Lazerate

lol i bunked school today so what lol i dont do it often though:)

6. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

@3 Umm I’m not hating on it lol I’m just saying it’s obvious is gonna have a lot of people playing it specially on release…
    PS: I bought the game, haven’t played it though. :)

7. Bikki

The COD series actually made it’s own reputation with the wonderful game COD 4. What a wonderful game that is.

8. Erthazus

It’s bad… =\

9. jeremycafe

“I played multiplayer and while singleplayer i enjoyed, multiplayer is basically WAW with reskin…

It’s bad… =\”

Coming from the person who does not have fun playing video games, that is not saying much. You hate everything posted on this website.

10. Uncontested

Glad I didn’t waste money on this, all my friends that bought it are bitching on facebook about what a let down this game is lol, not surprising really.

11. guapo

Funny I haven’t heard anybody do anything but praise this game all day online. Some people just have to complain about something or they’re not right.

12. polygem

@8: i liked the mp of w@w. Was more fun than mw2 imo. More blalanced. Cod 4 – w@w – mw2 it was for me. Still i believe it will be much better than w@w. Will get my copy today and chk it out myself.

13. Blerk

Loads of people from my friends list online last night, but hardly any of them were playing COD. Quite unexpected, I thought it’d be like when Red Dead or Reach came out, but…. no. Interesting!