Kinect launches at midnight tonight in UK – live premiere in London is GO

Tuesday, 9th November 2010 17:20 GMT By Patrick Garratt

kinectselfridges

Following last week’s US Kinect launch, Microsoft will release the 360 motion camera in the UK at midnight tonight.

We’ll be liveblogging the whole thing, as we did last night with the Black Ops launch. Expect pictures and audio as well as text updates.

The UK launch is to take place at London’s Natural History Museum, with an event lasting from 5.30-8.30pm GMT.

GAME on Oxford Street will be the centre of Microsoft’s midnight launch plans, where “mystery special guests” will “speak live with the first person in the queue for Kinect at GAME Leeds” via Video Kinect. We’re looking forward to that.

Over 300 GAME and GameStation stores are opening at midnight tonight nationwide.

Promo activity in the run-up to Kinect’s launch has included the camera being available for use in Selfridge’s in London.

Kinect will launch at £129.99 for the stand-alone unit and Kinect Adventures, or £249.99 for the Kinect Console Bundle, which includes the new 4Gb machine.

1. Blerk

I’ll be there!*

*actually I won’t

2. freedoms_stain

I wonder if we’ll see many places running demo setups of Kinect like you saw with Wii.

Although I’m thinking of all the game retailers around me and coming to the conclusion that most shops would struggle to find the space without removing a load of display stands.

3. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added in the liveblog. For what it’s worth. I’d say the chances this is going to live up to MS US’s Times Square launch are “slim”.

4. scuz

Mystery special guests make it sound…great.

5. Blerk

It’ll be Timmy Mallett. Betcha!

6. Blerk

Or maybe someone who got kicked off of the X-Factor if Timmy’s busy.

7. onlineatron

Waggles out, Waving’s in!

THE FUTURE!

8. cookiejar

I forgot it was tonight. Seriously.

9. Patrick Garratt