THQ may use Games for Windows Live again, says Bilson

Thursday, 4th November 2010 12:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gamesforwindowslivelogo1

THQ core games bigmouth Danny Bilson’s said the company is considering going back to Games for Windows Live.

The publisher dropped the service for the release of DoWII: Retribution next year, which will use Steamworks. With that, it was thought THQ might have been done with GFW.

Maybe not, according to Bilson.

“Microsoft is really talking to me a lot about getting back on Games for Windows Live,” he said in last night’s Q2 financial call for the company.

He said beforehand that Steamworks was easier to work with.

He added: “I like both platforms and I really, really, really like Microsoft as a partner. They’re fantastic partners. I want to respect them.”

And if PC gaming is dead, THQ still hasn’t got the invite to the funeral, it seems.

“You’re going to see us putting out almost every, single console title we can on PC to expand our audience and expand the customer base, ultimately,” Bilson continued.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. Erthazus

No. Thank you.

2. Freek

” I want to respect them.”

Money hats and hookers please….;)

3. Old MacDonald

Nooooooooooooo!

Edit: Though I’m glad they want to support the platform in general. GfWL is just not the way to do it.

4. szaromir

GfWL isn’t that bad, it doesn’t require persistent internet connection and it adds achievements (I’m a PC/360 gamer)

5. Chris2pher_Jack

I’m a PS3/360/PC gamer & i say GFWL is worthless, i’ve had countless problems with it, yes Steam isn’t perfect, but give it a patch or 2 & it’s all good again, but either pick GFWL or Steam, NEVER BOTH, it’s a pain in the arse when a game needs 2 damned log-ins! if you do use both, make them separate, for the love of everything holy, never combine the 2 ever again!

6. szaromir

I played like 3 games with GFWL and never had any problems, but if it gets in your way of enjoying the game I can see why you want them to drop it. Still, I think requiring persistent online connection is the worst DRM yet.

7. back_up

Steam rules but if there is crossplay between 360 and PC users
    and it’s good move

8. freedoms_stain

Personally I dislike GFWL.

I had all sorts of problems when I bought FO3 DLC.

Really in-game you don’t have to interact with it, which is fine, but if you need to use the marketplace client prepare for a slow, clunky, unresponsive UI.

Oh yeah, and you have to use MS points, that’s BULLSHIT.

9. Ge0force

Please THQ forget this GFWL crap!

10. endgame