Microsoft beta testing episodic Full House Poker for Xbox Live

Thursday, 4th November 2010 22:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

pokerface

Best start practicing your poker face, then.

Kotaku’s reporting that Microsoft’s beta testing a new game called Full House Poker, which is a live poker game slated for Xbox Live and meant to replace 1 vs 100.

It is to contain regularly scheduled poker game shows with thousands of players going up against one another.

Players will earn chips and experience as prizes and just like 1 vs 100, you’ll show up in-game as your Avatar which will be able to acquire tells and accessories.

Microsoft has yet to comment on the report, despite the very official letter Kotaku has posted up on its site.

Thanks, FileFront.

1. EscoBlades

I know people who got an invite to this.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I wish they would have kept 1 vs 100 personally. That was quite a bit of fun.

3. EscoBlades

Yeah, i really enjoyed 1vs100. Except the algorithm that chose the One. Many people just answered questions as quickly as possible, not necessarily getting them right.

4. mescalineeyes

p-p-p-poke her face.

5. Psychotext

This could be fun… and I’m reasonably good at poker so there’s a chance I could actually win something. \o/

6. SunKing

As a Texas hold’em fiend I can’t wait for this to go public. :D

7. freedoms_stain

I used to have somewhat of a Yahoo Poker addiction (wonders if they still have that) back in the day.

Why the fuck would you want to acquire a tell though?

8. RETARDED VIKING

Do we bet MS points? :D

9. Blerk

I’d certainly be up for a bit of this! As long as we’re not betting our own MS points like Mr Viking suggests. :-D

But I do wish they’d kept 1 vs 100 as well.

10. Petulant Radish

I’m going to be all over this, they don’t call me a poker shark for nothing, or at all in fact but god I loves me some Texas Hold ‘Em Poker.

11. M2Kx

Sounds great. I love 1 vs. 100 but this could be even more awesome :)

12. SunKing

They could do some cool promotional tournaments with MSPs up for grabs.

13. Mauller

I got the email regarding this 2 days ago. I don’t even like poker but I’m not one to say no to a beta. It got me a free Kinect after all. On another note, I miss 1 vs 100.

14. Mauller

Saw the email for this 2 days ago. I don’t even like poker but I’m not one to say no to a beta. It got me a free Kinect after all. On another note, I miss 1 vs 100.

15. Psychotext

“They could do some cool promotional tournaments with MSPs up for grabs.”

Would probably be difficult thanks to the US’s draconian gambling laws.

16. freedoms_stain

@15, depends how it works. If it’s a promotional thing it might be free to play with a prize for the ultimate winner, not really gambling if you didn’t put anything in.