Fri, Oct 29, 2010 | 06:39 BST
Japanese software charts Oct. 18-24: Super Mario All-Stars for the win
Media Create has releases Japanese software sales data for the week ending October 24 and it finds Nintendo’s Super Mario Collection Special Pack, known elsewhere as the All-Stars Edition, topping the list with 308K units sold.
The box of Mario not only knocked Pokemon Black & White out of its coveted top spot but outsold it almost four-to-one. Still, the series sold an additional 82K units units for the week, bringing the total copies moved to the 4.2 million mark.
New releases this week included: Medal of Honor, Naruto: Ultimate Storm 2, Resident Evil 5 Move Edition, Sports Champion, and Vanquish.
Here’s the full top 20. Data from Oct. 4-10 can be found here.
- Super Mario Collection Special Pack (Wii): 307,755
- Pokemon Black & White (DS): 81,915
- Naruto Ultimate Storm 2 (PS3): 63,675
- Vanquish (PS3): 48,318
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn (Wii): 35,633
- Medal of Honor (PS3): 25,365
- Lord of Arcana (PSP): 24,939
- Beat Sketch! (PS3): 22,165
- FIFA 11 World Class Soccer (PS3): 18,995
- Wii Party (Wii): 15,895
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (DS): 14,995
- Big 3 Gun Shooting (PS3): 12,653
- No More Heroes 2 (Wii): 11,373
- Vanquish (X360): 11,204
- Red Dead Redemption (PS3): 10,454
- PS Move Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition Special Pack (PS3): 9,399
- Medal of Honor (X360) 6,958
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G PSP the Best Reprint (PSP): 6,371
- Sports Champion (PS3): 6,349
- Macross F (PS3): 6,123