Telltale handing out first episode of Back to the Future for free

Tuesday, 26th October 2010 17:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

backtothefuture

“I’m sure that in 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it’s a little hard to come by.”

Telltale is handing out the first episode of Back to the Future for free. For now anyway. There’s no word on how long the offer will last so you best hurry.

If you’re interested in the full five-part series, which is set to start releasing monthly this winter, you’ll get a free copy of Puzzle Agent if you pre-order the entire thing for £15.71/$24.95.

When you pre-order, Telltale also donates $1 to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. So you’ll not only be getting a game, but doing a good deed as well.

Thanks, SavyGamer.

1. Maikrobi

Great Scott!!

2. Prof.Dr.Moertel

damn, it´s not loading the site -.-

3. freedoms_stain

It’s not available yet and you have to sign up.

I’ll pass.

If the reviews are good I’ll buy it.

4. Dralen

How can you pass on free? You don’t have to give any bank details; just your name, address and email adress. It’s a no brainer for me.

5. freedoms_stain

If it was actually available right now I’d probably do it, but since it’s not I’ll hold onto my details for now.

Save my spam filter a bit of work.

6. _LarZen_

Day 1 buy on PSN :)

7. M2Kx

Still no 360 version right? :/

8. Gekidami

Why does Doc Brown look like a zombie?

9. cookiejar

Got my email and serial number for it, but no download link as yet.

If it is any good, I’ll pick up all the rest on PSN.

10. endgame

“I’ll pass.

If the reviews are good I’ll buy it.” hmm, how can one buy something that is free? that my friends is the question.

oh and “It’s not available yet and you have to sign up.” omg! the horror! u actually have to sign up to get a free game!? why do u have to do that? it’s so hard! giving cc info is soooo much easier. LOL! u guys r so funny today. really. ty! :)

11. Moonwalker1982

I registered and received a code too but like ya’ll said, it’s not available yet. So let’s wait for that.

But as this trailer at the end says … Debut trailer of the game on december 2, so there ya have it. We can’t possibly get a playable demo before a debut trailer, can we? :)

12. freedoms_stain

@10, it’s a 5 part series, only the 1st part is free (for now). Clearly stated in article.

And yeah, I do begrudge giving my information to a company I know nothing about for the promise of a free game episode, particularly if that episode turns out to be shite, with me having given them my details free to sell on at their leisure without my permission or knowledge. Yeah, that shit happens.

I wouldn’t be giving them any credit card info either, if they don’t sell through a trusted retailer or take Paypal or Google Checkout (fraud protection) then they’ll get nothing from me.

13. onlineatron

Do you need to be in america?

It’s asking me for billing information, but I can’t find United Kingdom anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, found Great Britain