God of War Collection to get PSN release on November 3

Wednesday, 20th October 2010 17:15 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gow32

SCEE just confirmed that the God of War Collection, consisting of the first two PS2 titles in the series, is to be release digitally on the PlayStation Store.

The two games were re-released on Blu-ray Disc earlier this year, and will be available to download from PlayStation Store on November 3.

The titles will be available individually for €17.99/£13.99 each or as a bundle for €29.99/£23.99.

The move will both excite fans and fuel speculation that more PS2 games are to be released on PSN in the future.

1. Erthazus

Stop, so this is the first PS2 title on the PS Store?

2. Razor

The price is out of control at £24. You can get the Collection on Amazon, plus with all the bonus content that comes on the BD, for £17.

Sony’s PSN pricing strategy is beyond comprehension.

3. Johnny Cullen

@1 – Technically, yes. Technically, no.

4. cookiejar

@3 as is Microsoft’s. Most of their GOD stuff is £20!

Truth is, if you buy any full (‘retail’) game on PSN or Xbox Live, your wallet will be raped.

But yeah, you can get these elsewhere much cheaper. Great games, though.

5. 2plus2equals5

@3:lol

@1:
    the hd version of ps2 games, not ps2 games, it’s different ;)

6. Johnny Cullen

@4 To be fair, I’ve bought games from both PSN and Xbox Live, but only really in a need to get rid of some titles physically.

Of course, I have bought games as well that I didn’t have before. Dead Space for 360 is one example.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

The store is dangerous when your drunk, and your account’s connected to a credit card…

8. lexph3re

If the price point is crazy then maybe you should’ve done like I did and bought the bundle pack with the dualshock 3 controller. I think this is a great step into gettin old titles from ladt gen up on an established network. Similar to onlive and steam. And since the ps3. Remains unhacked. It helps the devs to. Know that they’ll get every penny of their. Rehashed earnings.

By. The way. I have so many. Periods because my phone. Spacebar. Is acting up. So don’t. Judge me!

9. choochoo

Milk it Sony thats all u have left lol.

10. osric90

Backwards is on the way, just wait… Nonetheless, if really good HD remakes are done, I’ll sell the old ones (same titles) to get the new ones. Wawawehwa…

11. cookiejar

I’ve only ever bought one full game on either PSN on Live – Burnout Ultimate box on PS3, and only because it was a crazy price with all the DLC.

12. Kuwabara

Actually ” choochoo” they’re readying themselves for their biggest gaming year next year, there will be a an exclusive coming nearly every month! Lol. Unlike the xbox which will get ONE exclusive, lol.

13. kashif

so this is the first PS2 title on the PS Store?

14. Blerk

No, it’s not a PS2 title. It’s a PS3 remake. Like everyone said above. :-D

It’s funny, I kind of expected these remakes to be available from the store day and date with the disc versions. Seems a bit of a missed opportunity, tbh.