Men of War: Vietnam HD trailer drops Hueys, jungle, napalm in the morning

Tuesday, 19th October 2010 10:35 GMT By Patrick Garratt

mowvietnam

1C’s released the first proper trailer for Men of War: Vietnam, the next in its vaunted RTS series.

Check out the footage below. If ever a game could be described as a “Vietnam War RTS,” this is it.

The title will feature two new story-driven campaigns and missions including an ambush on the Ho Chi Minh trail, combat in the Mekong Delta, raids into Cambodia and Laos, bridge defense during the Tet offensive and more.

Weapons and units include the M-16, T-54, M-113, Patton III, M-60, AK-47, M-14, RPG-2, M-72 LAW, RPK and tons more. There’s no geek like a gun-geek.

Co-op for up to four players is included.

The game, the third Men of War expansion, is was announced this June.

The first two updates, Red Tide and Assault Squad, are standalone packs billed as both expansions and sequels.

Check out the official site. It’s out early next year.

1. Patrick Garratt

That’s pretty Vietnammy. I like the Phantom.

2. Old MacDonald

I hope that music is from the game.

It does look pretty cool. They’re constantly raving about Men of War over at RPS, might be time to check it out.

3. ybfelix

Header image is the obligatory shot of every Nam game

4. Patrick Garratt

I’m finally getting a proper office in the next few weeks, with proper internet connection and proper desktop set-up. Been looking forward to trying Men of War for ages. RPS bangs on about it all the time.

5. BULArmy

@Patrick this is a game every gamer that like RTS games can play. I stopped playing WW2 RTS games after 2005 but this was a spontaneous buy and it is one of the best spontaneous things I had ever done.

6. Droid

I’ve loved these games, right from soldiers: heroes of WW2. I think it’s the physics, ‘realism’ and the building destruction that just makes it, along with being able to control just one thing and do commando type raids. Could never get into company of heroes as that always seemed a bit too easy in comparison. Looking forward to their next standalone expansions. Requires a fairly decent pc to play, and unfortunately multiplayer has always been so laggy for me. Guess I need to upgrade.

7. NoxNoctisUmbra

Men of War games are really good RTS, very under appreciated. It combines both bit of Sim and Arcade feel for very fun action, that feels very believable.

8. Patrick Garratt

@5,6,7 – Awesome. As soon as I move, I’ll buy it.