Uncharted 2 gets a one year multiplayer anniversary event

Saturday, 16th October 2010 19:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

uncharted

Naughty Dog is celebrating Uncharted 2′s one year anniversary with a multiplayer event this weekend.

From now until 11:59pm PST, special perks and abilities will be enabled.

Here’s the full thing:

• A special, one-day only episode of The Lab featuring a compilation of the most popular previous episodes of The Lab based on player votes, rotating through the following gametypes:
  • Shotguns Only
  • Plunder Pistols Only
  • No Power Weapons
  • Desert-5 Shootout
  • Deathmatch – No Boosters
  • All of the gametypes will be played on the following maps:
  • The Plaza
  • The Sanctuary
  • The Temple
  • The Train Wreck

Those looking to hit level 60 or even 80will be able to get a leg up as well,  and the cash cap for all playlists has been lifted with 5x the cash in each one as well.

“For the 24-hour event, only Naughty Dogs with the red paw will have access to the exclusive Anniversary Nathan Drake skin for multiplayer,” said the developer. “But everybody who plays in a game in Matchmaking during the 24-hour event will have the skin activated for their account early next week.

“If you don’t play in a Matchmaking game, you won’t ever get the skin. This is our special gift to our most loyal players who are celebrating our anniversary with us.”

Plenty of Naughty Dog staffers will be online to play with gamers as well.

Get more information on the festivities through the developer’s website.

1. Erthazus

Interesting. What Naughty Dog developing there? Uncharted 3 or next gen game for PS4? :D

2. Lord Gremlin

Played it toady. All the broken shit like never ending map loading screen when people leave one by one in frustration and fucking ridiculous lag/ping issue in some matches. Event itself is ok, but meh, game is way too broken and not fun now.

I mean multiplayer of course. Singleplayer is a masterpiece and the best action-adventure ever created.

3. Erthazus

@2 Troll much?

You obviously didn’t played latest DLC pack with the latest patch.

Latest maps are absolutely fantastic for MP. Latest maps are showing why Uncharted 2 multiplayer is awesome. Try it.

4. reask

Have to agree on the multi gremlin.
    I bought the siege dlc and it doesn’t recognise it.
    Went to the forums and it seems to be quite common.
    single player is great though.

5. Isaaclarke37

I am looking forward to check out the GOTY edition.

6. osric90

I’m ont buying the GOTY edition… Too expensive and it’s basically the same every Uncharted 2 owner has already. As for the game, my God it’s IMMORTAL, the very best American game ever released along with Half-Life. But hey, I want Uncharted 3 for 2012 or 2013 and for PS3. They can make another trilogy in the PS4 if the plot is still fresh and good as always… If not, Uncharted trilogy will be enough for us to be happy and continue with our lives and other games! Long life to the Drake!

7. NoxNoctisUmbra

@2 GTFO
    U2 has a great multilayer, I wonder why all game reviews rated the Multilayer experience high?

8. polygem

Ah come on. Mp is ok but not great. I also liked it but it gets old very fast.I compare all mp games to reach now and really ask myself why i wasted so much time in other mp games. Call this fanboyism or not.

9. Galactic_Barret

It was fun until they gimped the sniper rifle for all modes. I don’t play deathmatch, so once I saw that even in co-op it only held half the ammo it used to, I quit cold turkey. Other than that, it was very fun.

I would like to suggest that the next instalment have death-from-above melee attacks in addition to death-from-below. Jumping off a ledge and landing on your opponent can only expand on the stealth gameplay, I feel.

10. Lord Gremlin

@Erthazus: Don’t you fucking dare to accuse me of trolling. I’ve bought collectors edition 2 weeks before release (thanks to certain shop in Russia) and have all DLC except for the last skin pack. First I’ve only played singleplayer, well, and checked a couple of matches in MP to get those 2 trophies, but later on, after 1.05 patch I’ve decided to check online more closely. Online IS fucked. Sometimes it feels like ping is 200ms, or even 500ms. Hotel map from Siege DLC is well-designed indeed, but the only enjoyable mode is co-op. It’s bad enough already, yet they implemented penalty for game glitches.
    @NoxNoctisUmbra: Because RATING does not equal quality. Halo 3 ODST singleplayer is GARBAGE, any reviewer mentioned that, for example?

11. Crysis

@10Probably just your area.
    Certain games here (in South Australia) are just unplayable, like the SmackDown vs RAW franchise, not a single game, not even with locals is playable, i’ve counted a 3 second delay between the pressing of the button & the actual reaction-i wish i was exaggerating, & i have the same low expectations for 2011, i have no idea why this hasn’t been fixed within the past 3 years on any of the games, the same pathetic latency & i’m not 100% why, it’s not Xbox Live’s or PSN’s fault, since i’ve played the same game on both & it’s the exact same, & idk online game development but i do believe that GameSpy is to blame & it’s just irritating that it hasn’t been fixed since i know this franchise is pretty popular here, not nowhere near as popular compared with Japan or the USA, but still… This is just one of the games i have problems with, there are countless more, but this is the most infuriating example, i find Uncharted 2 fine though, Halo isn’t bad, but it is noticable when you chuck a plasma grenade but all else is fine, but since Australia is far away from any other continent, & the INCREDIBLY low density of our population, it can be quite hard to find matches on the less popular games.