Dark Void developer hiring for triple-A title

Saturday, 16th October 2010 14:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

darkvoid

Airtight Games, the developer behind last year’s Dark Void, has a job listing posted for a “triple-A” PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 title.

Per the listing on Gamasutra: “We are now working on several new AAA titles for a variety of markets. This is a chance to get on board a unique project with a quality focused development and publishing team.”

Portal developer Kim Swift joined  Airtight last year to work on a “mystery project” so this may well be it. Maybe.

Whatever the title is, the firm looks to be using Unreal 3 on it.

Last we heard on Dark Void, which was panned a bit by game critics, Brad Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment secured the rights to a film adaptation of it.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. Robo_1

Dark Void certainly wasn’t a bad little game, but it’ll be a jump from that to AAA.

It really was a highlight for the worst of UE3 though, texture pop in and performance issues all over the shop.

2. Maximum Unreal

@1 well on PC it was solid looking game but the gameplay it self wasn’t…

3. Hunam

Chapter 2 was good. Chapter 1 and 3 sucked.

4. Erthazus

Are you all on drugs? That game was fucking shit.

I could not finish it. God damn, repetitive piece of…

Also: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dark-void

5. Maximum Unreal

@4 LOL. But again they made money to make new multiplatform AAA game ? just wow.

6. YoungZer0

Dark Void should have been set in Outer Space. That would’ve been awesome.

7. freedoms_stain

I thought Dark Void was pretty much ass.

They made this big thing of the “vertical combat” and it was just crap.

Basically a gears clone on foot with a jetpack that was pretty freakin useless for ground combat (what I can fly as much as I want but I can’t fuckin hover for more than a few seconds?)

8. Hunam

The problem with Dark Void was that it was clearly half a game. The way the story was paced out well then just chucked the final boss at you and killed a bunch of people off was so jarring I almost bit my tongue.

The vertical combat did fail, but the jet back did work once you got used to it. I was doing all kinds of cool stunt kills with it. But the game does just die on its arse and was at least a year away from being finished.