Gears 2 lands on Games on Demand

Thursday, 14th October 2010 12:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gearsofwar2a10

Is money no issue for you? Are you insocial? Want it in an instant? Then you’ll have no excuses now.

Gears of War 2 has made its way to Games on Demand on Xbox Live, as previously promised.

The cost? £19.99. The download size? 6Gb.

Buy this and let it do you as you wait for Gears 3 next fall.

Queue it up here.

1. DJ Deathstar

Whats better is that you can buy the All Fronts collection DLC which has 19 multiplayer maps and a new story chapter for 400 MS points until Sunday

2. The Hindle

Ahh Gears 2 otherwise known as the game that was released with broken multiplayer, did they ever actually fix it? I seem to recall people still complaning for months with this.

3. DJ Deathstar

Apparently they eventually did fix the majority of the problems just took them ages lol

4. LOLshock94

@2 nope still fucked up cause of the nerds who play it and theres to many othered powered guns

5. OlderGamer

The problem with stuff like the MP in Gears is that the team sizes are just too low. And because of that a small group of players can dominate everyone else. Some of the old xboxone games had that problem. Mechassult2 comes to mind.

By making large maps with larger team it evens things out. In a small map, with say four players, if your drawing one bad player it is going to ruin your experience. In BFBC2 you can float a bad player, or three. Plus in a game like that, winning the round isn’t the only objective.

Games like Gears stink online becaue the elite rise to the top and remain unchallanged.

6. reask

^ Put me on your team and you will have no problem….. Losing. :)

7. OlderGamer

I like to think of myself as the anchor of any team.

Give me a little time and I will sink our team but good.

8. abnormal alan

I still don’t understand who buys from games on demand?? I would if it was actually cheap but fuck that i’m not paying £20 for a game I can easily pick up in the shop for less than £15

9. DrDamn

The price premium is for the convenience. Grab it now – have it always available without having a disc. Personally I think that’s countered quick heavily by the lack of resell value, not being able to take the game to a friends place etc. So prices should be more comparable to current shop prices.

10. Blerk

By the time I’d downloaded 7gb of data I could’ve gone down the shops, picked up a copy on disc, met a nice lady, married, had two lovely children, grown old and died. Still, at least my kids would be able to play it.

11. abnormal alan

haha yeah and oddly I dont want to spank 6GB of my unlimited (cough 30gb cough) download limit on an overpriced game. I’m not so fat and lazy I cant walk down the road to a shop and pick up a disk

plus have the difference left to buy a few beers

12. DaMan

not all GoD are overpriced, £15 would be fine. you won’t find a new copy for much less than that.

besides what if i, like, don’t have a shop down the road? Uk isn’t the only fucking country in Europe.

13. abnormal alan

@DaMan

Yes £15 would be fine but it isn’t its £20 and you can easily find a lot of the GOD games for £11-£12

by the way there’s this thing called the internet (you appear to be using it now) why not try ordering a game from there….just a thought

14. freedoms_stain

You can get Gears 2 for £7.99, GOTY for £14.95.

£15 still sound fine?

15. DaMan

@13 is there a difference between £11 and £15?

I did that in the past, new releases cost a lot either way and old games are basically the same as these GoD. I don’t buy used games.

16. abnormal alan

I don’t know what you’re talking bout now err yes there is a difference between £11 and £15 incase you cant do the math it’s £4

as for old games being the same as GoD that’s what we’re clearly saying now you can pick them up online for far cheaper try checking out http://www.shopto.net

17. DaMan

@16 £4, same diff to me.

18. MushroomStamp

I dont’ understand why ALL games aren’t on Demand from launch day. It takes nothing and cuts out the distributor. Should even make it $5/10 less because less people to pay. Never understand why this option isn’t available.

19. freedoms_stain

@18, if they’re charging £19.99 for a £7.99 game, how much would they charge for a £40 game?

20. DaMan

show me where I can buy say, Oblivion for £7.99, new.

21. Michael O’Connor

@5 If someone sucks at something, they deserve to learn. That’s the only way they’ll learn to get better.

I can’t stand the “everybody wins” mentality. This is why the scoring system in Halo 3 is still one of my favourites. If you won a match, you got a point. If you lost, you got nothing. That’s how it should be.

Games like CoD4 that award you tonnes of experience points for completely meaningless endevours like killing an arbitrary number of player rub me the wrong way.

It’s an utterly stupid mentality to promote. It’s the “no child left behind” of gaming, wherein people are rewarded for achieving nothing.

22. freedoms_stain

@21, I don’t think so, I think you should be rewarded for being useful to your team even if that team ultimately fails.

Like OG says, if you end up with a weak player or 2 in your team it can really tip the balance.

Plus it evens things out in the case of a team of a team of buddies playing against a team of randoms half of whom aren’t using mics, thus not communicating effectively.

23. reask

See what I don’t get.
    I recently bought infamous on PSN and it cost me 10 Euro because I was A plus.

If I could get the games for 2 or 3 Euro dearer digitally I would gladly do it rather than be ripped off by Game-stop or HMV who are making a fortune on the second hand market.

Gears at 12 Quid or 15 Euro/dollars will Fu***,g sell 10 times as much as it will at 20 quid.

24. DaMan

oh, and by the way:

‘ International delivery is £2.50 standard first class or £4.80 for signed for’