MercurySteam mentions “second” Castlevania: LoS game on Spanish radio [Update]

Monday, 11th October 2010 13:43 GMT By Johnny Cullen

castlevania

Update: Konami’s declined to comment on it.

Original: MercurySteam’s already talking about a sequel to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, according to a report from EG Spain.

Soundtrack composer for the first game Oscar Araujo told Spanish radio: “If you liked the first [game], hope that the second is even more spectacular.”

The first Lords of Shadow released last week in the UK for PS3 and 360, and debuted in the UK charts at number six this morning.

Thanks, EG.

1. Madeira

Awesome. Best game this gen next to Bayonetta.

2. Johnny Cullen

Still need to buy it. I’m not going to until I finish Halo: Reach anyways and even then, I’ve got a massive backlog of games to finish and those I have on pre-order such as Medal of Honor and Fable III.

And even still, demo didn’t impress me, so I think I’ll hold fire.

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

…metroidvania…
    …metroidvania…
    (absolutley loving the first one though)
    …metroidvania…
    …metroidvania…
    …metroidvania…

4. frostquake

Not going to buy this day one, like I did the first one. Will pick up when it is much cheaper, as I am not really enjoying the first one. It is feeling like a chore to me, and games shouldn’t feel like a chore to me. It is just my taste though, others seem to be really, really enjoying it. So I am sure this is great news for those people.

5. Psychotech

bring it on Mercury Steam.the first is very good and the ending especially the post ending is EPIC makes you want for more.I wonder if that rumored DLC which explains the events between the ending and post ending is valid

6. joshua nash

so the GOD OF WARVANIA is going to possibly get a sequel, i’m okay with that, i have yet to play the game, played the demo it was interesting

7. Psychotech

@3 Cox tweeted when he was asked that they won’t be making a metroidvania but he answered with a smiley when he was asked about Alucard

8. Patrick Garratt

Going to have another go at this later. Had parents here this week, so haven’t been able to give it much attention.

9. Dralen

The Castlevania demo is awful!! It play’s through the first two levels, which are reallllllly slow. The actual game just gets so much better after chapter 2.

10. orakaa

Wasn’t impressed by the demo at all… and reviews I have read remind me a LOT of Lament of Innocence (“THIS is the 3D castlevania we were waiting for, bla bla bla”).

Reviews were good with Lament of Innocence on PS2… and 6 months later almost everyone agreed to say the game was average.

So, I don’t know about this one, and again, based on the demo, this is definitely not on my top list… But still, it seems to be better than Enslaved, so maybe in a few months, when it hits the bargain bin ^^

11. Dark

I didn’t like the demo,and the combat was awful
    i’m not sure if im going to buy this.

12. Psychotech

LoS demo is one of the worst demos i’ve seen in games.Fortunately it doesn’t represent the full game and it’s good that so many people who actually played it are surprised by this game since they didn’t had any high expectations.

13. Michael O’Connor

I love how people keep comparing this to God of War as if that title was some sort of super original creation that pioneered all the features of the genre.

I have one word for you. Rygar.

14. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Agreed Michael.

People can compare this game to whatever they want. By automatically dismissing it as a “clone” (it’s much more than GOW BTW…), and not playing it, they’re missing one helluva gaming experience IMHO.

15. Jet Black

Any news on a date for the U.K special edition release?

16. gamereck

Great Game so far. Its way different from the demo that you play.

17. lexph3re

I think a lot of people ar forgetting about execution. Regardless what YOU think it is, is different then what it actually is. I love GoW, and its more for the progression of story then anything else. That franchise makes you feel like more then a man. Castlevania LoS shows outside of all the power ups your still human. I for one was finding the first 2 chapters very humorous(outside of the titan) but once I dived into this game I realized that this game is good as hell right now I’m at chapter 9 and only reason I haven’t finished the game is 1. I had a ssf4 meeting with friends.lol and 2. I have to also tend to my wife.lol but the 3rd reason is because I am doing a ton of backtracking trying to finish the game at max so when I play hard with snakes skin it would be like a new game.lol this game is worth the 60 bucks I put down and all this hate for a game you haven’t played? Guys get over it, buy this game and have a good time. Also, I have it on ps3 I’ve been hearing increased slowdown issues in 360 version but regardless what system you get it for I’m sure the overall experience is the same

18. oscarmike

If you have finished the game, the sequel is kind of obvious.

19. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@17 DAMN there’s that many chapters! Holy shit, and each chapter has like 5-10 levels…WOW. This game IS HUGE. ABSOULTLEY LOVING IT and i’m on Chapter 3.

20. lexph3re

Some chapters are small like 2 or 4 but long maps or leading to a boss fight. And yes some go up to 10 chapters. That’s why I’m phsyched about playing on palladin after I finish normal because that’s certain to increase my play through the second time beyond the normal hours

21. Isuru86

Another castlevania ? Go fuck a landmine, MercurySteam

22. KrazyKraut

yo michael, you dont need to mention this. its like red is red and blue is blue.

You know, some ppl think, when a game comes out that it is like a game they played some months ago. But like you already said, Castlevania set the stones of this genre.

And like some ppl forget, its not the first Castlevania in 3D.

The only problem I have with this game is, that they made this game like GoW. I know what I said before, but they had the chance to set new stones in this genre. It doesnt matter if this game made and set the trends for this genre…I still wait for my European CE and already watched a video of a TROLL fight in CV:LOS.
    Common…how it looks when the troll is defeated or the fast-running/speed boots of Gabriel..yeah…like in GoW3.
    What I expected was something different..something milestone-like.
    Thats it what Castlevania most of the time did…made something new. But its like other games.And its more GoW-like than Dantes Inferno. But in the end, I think its okay. Its the game that set trends and now it follows actual trends.

For exmaple Devil May Cry/Onimusha, they were the first games (i am sure) with the red/green orb system….and later GoW had it too. But the battle systems,settings,stories, characters and so on are different. Or Bioshock: Except of all WW2/MW shooters a lot of FPS have now some kind of RPG elements (like Singularity).Some ppl say the game is a BS-clone..but it isnt..it just using the trends of this gen. The same with Doom: Are Heretic, RotT, Hexen, Blood are the same games? Are clones? No. They just integrated in the trend that was in this time. and every game had it own atmosphere, story, chars or whatever. You know…I have no problem when a game has ideas of another game. I wished there where more games like BS (i really liked Singularity) or like GoW. Or more traditional JRPG like there were.

23. Isaaclarke37

I am not surprised to here the news, i only played the demo for LOS and i loved it.
    Can’t wait to get the full version.

24. Dr.Ghettoblaster

22. Despite all your words, comparisons, logic, or whatever, the game is good. It’s a fun and impressive game. You should really play it through.

25. Arkard_0

@22 mmm a new Onimusha would be nice

26. Blerk

Some anti-aliasing might be nice next time around, guys.