PC to miss out on BioShock 2 DLC Minerva’s Den and Protector’s Trials

Saturday, 9th October 2010 15:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

bioshock2

2K has said BioShock 2 on PC will not be getting the Minerva’s Den or Protector’s Trials DLC.

According to post over on the 2K forums from Elizabeth Tobey, the omission is due to “timing and technical issues”, adding that some patches are in the works to fix some functionality issues in the 360 and PS3 versions.

“I have an update on the status of patches for BioShock 2 and some answers to questions on features that have been outstanding for a while,” said Tobey. “We will not be adding vending machine sounds into any version of BioShock 2 and we will not be adding playlists for the multiplayer DLC maps – we did look in to both options but due to technical and timing issues, these two fixes are not feasible.

“We are planning patches for the 360 and PS3 to fix some functionality issues, but they will not drastically change gameplay (and I’ll post the patch notes when I get them – these two items are still in with QA.)

“We will also not be offering Protector Trials and Minerva’s Den on the PC in the future – and I want to say that I’m sorry for the disappointment this will cause to PC players out there. As always, if any of these issues change in the future, I will update you guys first, but at this point in time I don’t want to make you wait any longer and these are the most definite answers I have and you guys should deem them final decisions.”

Ugh. Sorry about that PC’ers.

Protector’s Trials and Minerva’s Den have been available on 360 and PS3 since summer.

1. Joe_Gamer

You lazy bitches! Might as well just stop making PC games now, the nerd rage will be great lol. DLC is always such a ripoff anyway I say good riddance.

2. Psychotext

Adding vending machine sounds is too difficult?

You concern me 2k… a lot.

3. Michael O’Connor

pcsupportlol

4. AHA-Lambda

this sort of thing is why i dont do more of my gaming on pc than console ;_;

i can never be sure that a publisher will just turn around and pull the rug under you like this or PoP 2008 epilogue.

Pubs need to give pc the respect it deserves goddamnit =(

shame minerva’s den was VERY good too

5. Yoshi

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C

6. endgame

/care

7. Naaame

PC support is terrible nowadays. It’s a shame but you cant blame the developers really, they’re just using business logic and following the money, which is in consoles.

8. Erthazus

No one buys DLC on the PC. That thing does not work except if your game will sell for like 1 million+

PC gamers are not that stupid really. Even Valve give free away DLC stuff.

DLC is pointless and it’s only working on the consoles because of console fratboys or Underageb&’s fanbase in most cases that will buy any shit they see on the internet.

9. Phoenixblight

What? I don’t even…What?

MW2 all those map packs are DLC.Telling me all those MW2 players on the PC, do not buy the map packs? Riiight. I bought DAO and Awakening with all the DLC along with all the Borderland DLC. Not sure where you get this preconception of what a PC gamer buys or doesn’t buy but you are wrong.

10. Erthazus

@9 Learn to read:

“That thing does not work except if your game will sell for like 1 million+”

these games sold well on the PC.

You think Bioshock 2 publisher don’t want money? It’s just not worth a port when game sold badly on the PC. I don’t think so that Bioshock 2 sold more than 100K copies.

11. Phoenixblight

@10 According to Vgchartz the game sold over 2 million with both consoles and since its hard to tell how much the PC sold, you can only speculate.

12. Erthazus

@10 Do you know, that Vgchartz sucks balls?
    Their numbers are from their own heads.

Speculate or not, to make a DLC port to the PC is very easy. Few days + testing and thats it. Publisher thinks it’s not worth it, than copies probably don’t sell that well to justify DLC port cost and profitability.

In other words: No one gives an F about Bioshock 2 multiplayer on the PC. There is no other explanation.

13. Phoenixblight

Uh huh they just pull numbers right out of their ass. Vgchartz says 2.1 million sold on the consoles and Take Two had shipped 3 million copies of Bioshock 2. 2 + 2 = 4?

14. Erthazus

@12, “Take Two had shipped 3 million”

Shipping is not selling.

Don’t believe VGCHARTZ never. Their all numbers are fake in most cases. They make predictions judging by NPD and other numbers.

When NPD numbers arrive there is a big difference between them and NPD for example. + they are always trying to predict preorders. I mean who… Who the fuck is going to share with the private site a stock and preorder information?

15. Phoenixblight

@14 “Shipping is not selling”

You think I don’t know that? But if the game only sold 100k like you said why ship 3 million?

I assumed it was from NPD sales that vgchartz bases their numbers on, it may not be the exact number but its more in the ball park than your 100k.

16. DrDamn

“Their numbers are from their own heads.”

“to make a DLC port to the PC is very easy. Few days + testing and thats it.”

Just thought it would be worth highlighting these two statements. They seemed connected somehow ;).

17. absolutezero

I saw this and wanted to just pop in here and say how disapointed I am. I only own Bioshock 2 on the PC and now I have no way of actually playing another little segment of the World. A slice of raptures life has been taken away from because I choose to purchase it on a platform that I prefer.

DLC does work on the PC and the PC has been doing DLC for longer anyway, Battlefield 2′s boosters would technically be classed as DLC today and those were pretty popular upon release.

18. Erthazus

“DLC does work on the PC and the PC has been doing DLC for longer anyway, Battlefield 2’s boosters would technically be classed as DLC today and those were pretty popular upon release.”

go look at the Steam charts ok?

“Basically anything Erthazus ever says its better to just take the opposite of that.”

Your ass hurts from my comment about how publisher in my opinion don’t give an F when no one cares on the PC about multiplayer?
    If game could sell well there would be DLC 100%

@Phoenixblight, “But if the game only sold 100k like you said why ship 3 million?”

A) first Bioshock was successfull

B) Publisher thought that 2nd game will sell.

I’m sure it did well on consoles, but judging THIS situation… PC version sold… probably OK.

19. absolutezero

No im not butthurt. No im not mad.

Im also not 17, have a chip on my shoulder and a poor grasp oo English making everything I write a massive headache to try and decypher.

Im not disagreeing just with what you stated in here, im disagreeing with everything you’ve ever said on this site with an eye to starting a pointless shit-storm with people that really don’t care.

Also just because im curious what does the Steam Chart have to do with EA selling Battlefield 2 DLC years and years ago?

20. freedoms_stain

I haven’t bothered to buy bioshock 2 yet and it looks like that was a good call. Think I’ll skip this lazy 3rd rate effort altogether and just get infinite, the true Bioshock 2.

21. AHA-Lambda

honestly bioshock 2 is a good game and the hate against it is unwarranted imo. Plus minerva’s den is actually some of the best dlc i’ve played

22. stretch215

@18 What is this obsession with anal rape about? Repressed memories maybe?

23. blackdreamhunk

Basically they are saying we want to force pc gamers in buying over price hardware from Sony or Microsoft. They are also saying screw the fans that buy their games.

24. Stasis

I literally skip over any post made by Erthazus, and it kind of boggles my mind that some of you bother to answer. I know you want to attempt it, but reasoning with that person is clearly a futile endeavor.