Killzone 3 gets multiplayer beta on October 25, new trailer

Thursday, 7th October 2010 18:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

killzone3

Sony’s just announced Killzone 3 will get a multiplayer beta, beginning on October 25.

The beta will be for Plus subs, with access limited to 10,000 members of the premium service. The taster will introduce the “‘Operations’ game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.”

To be considered for the beta, you need to download a special XMB theme from the PS Plus segment of the PlayStation Store from October 14.

If successful, you’ll get an email containing your code for the beta and more details.

Killzone 3 launches next February for PlayStation 3. Check out a new trailer below (thanks, Geki).

1. cookiejar

Get on.

2. Gekidami

I hope Sony will just send me a beta key like they did with LBP2 and a few other games.

3. Dimacorgan

Hell yeah! PS+ seems to be going the right way now…

4. Johnny Cullen

This will be amazing. Was really impressed by the MP at gamescom, especially Operations.

5. Gekidami

What is Operations? Is the story based mode? I dont think we’ve actually seen any footage of that yet.

6. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, it’s the story based mode.

7. itsucks

prepare for more lagzone, yheaaaaaa.

8. lexph3re

Man I loved killzone2 the only thing I hated was no offline multiplayer and no co-op single player. I’m hoping killzone 3 fixes this as well as resistance 3. Because story mode co-op is fun especially if they have it online. Not everyone plays online

9. Gekidami

Theres a new trailer about:

10. Patrick Garratt

Updated with the video.

11. Erthazus

“I hated was no offline multiplayer ”

skirmish? There was skirmish pal.

12. Gekidami

He means splitscreen, skirmish was just one player vs. bots. Not MP.

13. spiderLAW

I cant wait for this either!!!!! Dang it i want it Now!!!
    I agree with lexphere

Dude, he’s talking about split screen. You know, like Halo, Resistance FOM, Unreal Tournament 3, and Call of Duty all have.

14. Erthazus

@12 Ah lol. Understand now.

@13 Yeah, yeah i get it :D

Well thats for sure is impossible to do with Killzone engine how it is now. It’s draining so much CPU power…

I remember when i pressed PS button everything lagged as fuck.

15. Gekidami

Its rumoured that KZ3 will have 2 players offline… Make of that what you will.

16. Erthazus

@15 If thats true, they obviously optimized engine. I just can’t see this happening with the Second one when there are lags because of the engine.

If thats true, it’s cool.

17. lexph3re

What I also want in a fps is automatic railguns and proximity mines… What happen to those days!? I miss throwing a proximity mine on someones face or back. Sigh* the good ole goldeneye/perfect dark days…. I’m gonna go cry now…

18. ivycrew707

The beta will be for Plus subs, with access limited to 10,000 members of the premium service._____are there that many of us?

19. spiderLAW

Half-Life Deathmatch. I loved those Turrets and laser line explosives. Good old days.

You should get it ($9 on steam i think) and we should play.

20. lexph3re

I think I will once I get my internet back up.. :-( I’m sick of going to sites through my phone my eyes are starting to burn….

21. Moonwalker1982

So for PS Plus only? I can imagine PS3 only players being dissapointed. First all of it was free, and now more and more is only coming to PS Plus. A beta of a game? Come on now.

22. Dimacorgan

@21 that’s what I would call actual incentives to subscribe. Worked perfectly for me.
    ;-)

23. poopoofruits

u get what u pay for right? theyre only giving us what we deserve

24. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Just watched the video. Is it just me, or does this look pretty much just like KZ2?

I WANT to be excited for this game, and I know I WILL DEFINITLEY buy it, but so far it’s just looking like the classic 2.5 sequel or “expansion pack” syndrome…

25. AHA-Lambda

@24 – i agree and thats why right now i am not THAT excited. I’ll def play it but i may just only rent it

26. spiderLAW

you guys are crazy. Sure, we havent seen much in the trailer that looks different at first glance but there are a lot of details to notice. Also, a lot that has been discussed about the game so far makes it sound like it is a definite upgrade from KZ2. I am just as excited for this game as i am for Gears3

27. Kuwabara

still looks a million times better than halo reach.