Zipper Interactive releases dev diary showing how Move works with MAG

Wednesday, 6th October 2010 19:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

mag

Zipper Interactive has released a developer diary, showing how MAG works with Move.

It’s rather interesting to watch, and you can do so below.

A patch adding Move support, an increased level cap, a revamped skill tree, a new economy system, and a clan deploy feature was recently released for the game, called MAG 2.0.

New trophies for the added content will be patched in with the next DLC pack.

1. koopa

I looked in two Walmarts and the move was sold out, i want to try it so bad.

2. Holesome

I’m glad he likes it but his comments are a bit bullshit. This controller is NOT like a mouse and keyboard and I highly doubt using move gives him any advantage whatsoever. Like they did with Killzone3 they will have to have different play groups for dualshock and move as playing with move seems to give an unfair advantage for the dualshock.

Suggestions: I think what they need to do is separate the rotation (left, right, and up, down) from the pointing of move. Maybe use head tracking for turning so that you can move (forward, back, strafe left, right) with the navigation controller, rotate with head, point with move. If they get that working perhaps the solution will be worthwhile. The current bounding box rotation method is crap.

3. NoxNoctisUmbra

It really depends on a player, how much time they need to invest to learn and be even more skillful over a controller. I tried the MOVE out on MAG, and its decent, But I went back to controller. I think because I got my ass kicked quickly, all I need is to practice bit more. But I can see MOVE as being even more accurate because of speed vs normal controller.

4. Aimless

This video gives a much better idea of MAG‘s Move implementation. It’s more comprehensive than I thought it would be.

5. Kuwabara

I wish they would re review Mag, as it has changed tremendously since it’s release.