Criterion interested in making more Burnout, Need for Speed

Wednesday, 6th October 2010 11:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

burnout

More Need for Speed from Criterion? That’s interesting. But more Burnout? You’ve got our attention.

Criterion producer Craig Sullivan’s told Gamerzines it’s interested in making more Need for Speed and Burnout titles within the studio.

“Do I like Burnout more than I like Need For Speed? No,” said Sullivan.

“I like them both equally because they’re both the best I could do to give people a fun game regardless of whether or not it’s called Burnout, Need For Speed, Black, a game about jelly… you always pour your heart into it.”

He continues:

Would I like to make another Burnout game? Yes. Would I like to make another Need For Speed game? Yes. Would I like to make something completely different to both of those? Yes. I like making games, it’s the coolest job in the world.”

The Guildford studio’s last Burnout title was Burnout Paradise, which released back in 2008 and supported a great amount of DLC.

Criterion revealed its Need for Speed effort, Hot Pursuit, at E3 following a year-long hype-train for it. It releases on November 19 for PS3, 360, PC and Wii.

1. Johnny Cullen

Since they’re rebooting NFS in a similar way to the old Hot Pursuit, maybe they should reboot Burnout in a similar vein to Burnout 3!

Actually, thinking about it, don’t. Paradise was perfect. :D

That said, MOAR BURNOUT!

2. loki

More burnout 3 style for PS3 and Xbox 360 only, please. No more mediocre nfs

3. G-Sama

Burnout paradise was my fav!!!
    i hope they make the next one with less reality,in paradise the car could crash with a single touch!!!

4. Gadzooks!

Burnout 3 HD remix on XBLA please!

Didn’t care for Paradise at all. In my opinion openworld and Burnout are simply not compatible, and the whole thing was a shambles due to not having the most important element of any Burnout game: Splitscreen roadrage.

It was a lovely engine though, and could make my weekly roadraging through Silverlake so much more pleasant.

5. S0meRand0mN00b

1. loki GTFO and get a brain
    2. Why cant they just take burnout reveenge and remake it for PC as that was the best burnout ever

6. reema

Burnout 3 was the best Burnout imo. I hope they will re-release it on PSN or something