GTA IV gets “Complete Edition” treatment later this month

Tuesday, 5th October 2010 06:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gtaiva5

Honestly. Who hasn’t played this yet? Really?

Amazon’s listed a “Complete Edition” of Grand Theft Auto IV for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, two years after the main game released.

The collection will feature the full GTA IV, as well as its two subsequent DLC episodes The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

There’s no PC version mentioned, though. We’ll email Rockstar.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition releases on October 26, according to the retailer.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Johnny Cullen

Put it this way. I absolutely adore this game. One of my top ten games this gen.

But we need to see GTA V, innit.

2. Erthazus

It’s a very good game. But nothing new compared to other series.

Vice City and 3rd is the pinnacle in my opinion. Each of them bring something absolutely new.

San Andreas was just a LOT of content. GTA 4 was just a big giant jungle full of polish.

I’m not saying that they are bad games, they are absolutely fantastic. But noting new there.

3. Kuwabara

probably alongside demon souls as the best games this gen. Serously haters, the real game didint start till after the story ended, thats when u stop playing a character and u become nico himself. theres just so much to see and do. i literally walked and covered ever inch of the world map, and found so many little details that wowed me. and if u dnt aim for 100% completion, u miss out on a big part of the experience. for instance findind all flying rats were a highlight for me, each time i found one i was in awe. for those who stopped playing after the story fininshed, like most did, they barely saw half of the game. gta5 will be the same, u will have to discover and explore for the game to really stand out. No game has put much detail into a game. although red dead is amazing, it still doesnt touch gta4 in overall scope.

4. tenthousandgothsonacid

I’m guessing anyone still singing its praises had the 360 version ? The ps3 version was an unplayable mess. No wonder so few people finished even the story. Don’t get me’ wrong, I loved and finished 3, vc and sa but iv just wasn’t good enough.

5. Prof.Dr.Moertel

@2 San Andreas is my favourite, just because of the huge world and I really like the setting and the story :P
    But GTA IV just sucks in comparison to the other games.

6. Johnny Cullen

@4 I wouldn’t call GTA IV an unplayable mess on PS3. Far from it, actually.

I have the PS3 versions of the full game and Episodes from Liberty City (despite having both already on 360) and they played well.

7. Blerk

Loved these games so much. Soooooo much! I want more! Moar!

8. tenthousandgothsonacid

@6 I’m glad you enjoyed it on ps3. I found it technically embarrassing.

9. Yoshi

@4 It was definitely not “an unplayable mess”. I played through the story with no problems.

10. AHA-Lambda

it was good but it wasnt up to par with other gta imo

11. Oct..

oh! I almost forgot that there was a game known as GTA IV!
    Srsly it’s supposed for Liberty City Stories to be this one..

12. Moonwalker1982

Exactly, finally i see someone praising the little details about that game. When i bought the game, i didn’t play any missions for hours, i only walked around, drove around , simply explored and i kept noticing awesome little details. Even when i go back now, i’ll sure see some new stuff again. What GTA IV was kind of missing though was missions with depth, variety. The missions were too simple, in that aspect they can learn alittle from some Mafia II missions.

13. Hunam

I applaud 2K for actually trying to sell games they have already made instead of utterly ignoring it after one or two months on the shelf.

More devs/publishers should realise that the first month doesn’t have to mean everything.