Ubisoft, Aardman team up for Rabbids pilot

Monday, 4th October 2010 17:56 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ravingrabbidsa2

Ubisoft’s announced it’s teaming up with Wallace and Gromit makes Aardman for an animated TV show based on its Rabbids characters.

The two companies will team up together to make “a pilot and several shorts” on the characters.

“The not-so-subtle humor of the Rabbids has made them into icons in and beyond video games,” said Ubisoft’s managing director at its French studios, Xavier Poix.

“Aardman perfectly understands that humor and we are extremely excited to be working with them to bring the Rabbids to a new medium and a new audience.”

“When the opportunity arose to work with Ubisoft on the Rabbids we leapt at it, we absolutely love the characters and can’t wait to help bring them to a television audience,” added Aardman’s head of broadcast Miles Bullough.

The Rabbids debuted in 2006 as part of Rayman: Raving Rabbids, although have since appeared in their own games.

Their latest title, Raving Rabbids; Travel in Time, launches this month on Wii.

1. CaptPierce

Are they REALLY this popular?

2. killercow

I don’t care, aardman animation is gold!

3. Gekidami

Ubi WANT to make them that popular with this.

4. onlineatron

It’s a shame the stuff will be CGI.

I’d love to see some model based animation with the rabbids!

5. CaptPierce

Let me reiterate from before: I have no problem with Aardman at all. I may be American, but I love their productions, especially Wallace and Gromit. I just don’t see the point of making any shorts with the Rabbids at all. They really aren’t that funny of characters to do this for.

6. The_Red

Rabbids rule. Hopefully the series won’t be too childish.

7. EscoBlades

I hate Wallace and gromit. I love Ubisoft, and i find the Rabbids funny.

Hmmm….

8. Blerk

My kids will be stoked about this! They love both.