Tim Schafer to receive lifetime achievement award

Sunday, 3rd October 2010 12:58 GMT By Joe Anderson

timschafer

Tim Schafer is to be honoured with a lifetime achievement award at this year’s IndieCade Awards, which forms part of the International Festival of Independent Games.

Schafer, who is responsible for titles such as The Secret of Monkey Island, Psychonauts and Brütal Legend, was chosen as he is “the risk-taking, boundary pushing spirit at the heart of the independent gaming community,” according to a conference statement.

The award will be presented to Schafer by his long time friend and current cohort Ron Gilbert as part of the festival, which takes place on October 8-10, 2010 in Culver City, California.

Double Fine’s currently working on Costume Quest for a release next month on PSN and XBLA.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. JPickford

Independant?

2. KrazyKraut

ehm..lolz….

3. endgame

independent actually yes. oh and congrats Mr. Schafer! u’ve earned it. :) I’ve just got Psychonauts from gog.com. it’s awesome! :D

4. Lord Gremlin

Well, I loved Brutal Legend, although never got Platinum trophy, due to broken online statistics. Still, it was very enjoyable.
    I have Psychonauts but I’ve never finished it. Anyway, he deserves it for BL alone.

5. DSB

Can you really call it a lifetime achievement award? I mean, this is the guy who made Brütal Legend – Awful, awful game, and I’m crazy as shit about heavy metal.

He did do stellar work up until and counting Psychonauts though.

Hopefully he’ll get his groove back.

6. RETARDED VIKING

Good he definitely earned it i enjoyed his games especially Brütal Legend awesome,awesome,AWESOME game that was.

7. Blerk

They should present him with a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.

8. Johnny Cullen

Should said rubber chicken have a small paper mask of Bobby as well?

9. Blerk

And three working orifices.

10. Johnny Cullen

:D

11. mightyhokie

My favorite game designer. Congratz, Tim.