Antoniades: Enslaved 2 would be possible, despite Devil May Cry

Sunday, 3rd October 2010 14:11 GMT By Joe Anderson

enslaved

Ninja Theory boss Tameem Antoniades has told Eurogamer that Enslaved 2 could still be developed by the studio, should the opportunity arise.

It was recently announced that Ninja Theory is the team behind the new Devil May Cry reboot, however, according to the studio boss, this would not stop it embarking on a sequel to its impressive action adventure.

“We’ve been growing into two teams for the last year,” he told Eurogamer in an interview today. “We’ve got capacity to do two games.”

Antoniades stopped short of announcing a sequel, however it seems he’d “like to see something happen”.

“The thinking from the beginning was not to assume there would be a sequel, just to put everything into this game. It’s a new IP so let’s not plan for a sequel because the chances are we’ll only disappoint ourselves.

“So we mentally prepared for that – we’ve not planned for a sequel. But if it gains some traction, I’d like to see something happen.”

Enslaved is released in the UK this Friday on Xbox 360 and PS3.

1. cookiejar

Piss that. Sony, get your cash card out and get them onto Heavenly Sword 2!

2. A4-F8

Money Money Money

3. YoungZer0

Two more days … Can’t wait.

4. Joe Anderson

Its an amazing game. I love it.

5. DaMan

I’ll pass. prefer videogames over interactive tech demos myself.

6. Erthazus

Pass. No thank you. You can keep your Uncharted for poor for yourself.

7. AHA-Lambda

Pass. I’d rather have a game with engaging gameplay

8. CaptPierce

Please don’t. This game is amazing on its own. A sequel would only kill the game.

9. back_up

Let the milking begun

10. osric90

Please, don’t make any more games, Ninja Theory.

11. YoungZer0

@6: Jesus, stop talking. Comparing this to Uncharted … I wish vg247 would release an idiot award every week. You’d get it every time.

12. Erthazus

@YoungZer0, your ass definitely hurt from my comment right?
    No one takes a candy away from you. Enjoy it.

13. Psychotech

few will really care.Let’s see if they stick to it after seeing sales from the first one.

14. Callum

The demo I played today was utterly rubbish. I don’t really mind too much about graphics, this game looks alright; the textures are impressive, but the jagged edges REALLY stand out in its wierd lighting model, noticably so.

also, the gameplay was rubbish. Jumping around felt sluggish and repetative, combat was weak and really un-inspiring and dont even get me started on the stupid bit of rag he is carrying in his back pocket that just distracts you all the time.

I would like to add Uncharted series is rubbish aswell.

15. freedoms_stain

@14, in the original tale the character of Monkey is an actual Monkey, the “rag” is a nod to that, standing in for the tail.

16. Psychotech

@15also in the original tale ROBOTS were demons much more interesting don’t you think?

17. TraceableX

at 14: “I would like to add Uncharted series is rubbish aswell”.

What is your favorite series?

18. spiderLAW

Callum
    How is Uncharted rubbish. Its kay that you dont like the franchise, but rubbish it is not.

I’ll pass on Enslaved as well. I dont think its garbage, but i dont think they took the right direction in a lot of areas.

19. polygem

You cant say uc is rubbish. I also think the artwork is a little uninspired. Nathan ricky martin eglesias lookalike, boring blondes, lara croft jungles, indiana jones jokes. But i still enjoyed the games a lot…because they play so very well. Speaking of enslaved. Ill pass. The demo was terrible imo. Gameplay is the key issue here. A game MUST play well. Smooth like butter. I hate if devs dont take care about that. Its essential. Its what seperates good devs from bad devs. You can put on the good story make up, sure. But underneath it just stays a mediocore game if the gameplay isnt good. Reach is a great example for gameplay perfection.You can say reach sucks. I could even understand if some people might think so but you must appreciate that it plays like a videogame should play like. I agree with what kz developers recently said about the lag in the game. Like it wasnt cool. When you press a button something must happen on the screen right at that moment. Exactly. Take care about this first please devs.

20. YoungZer0

I don’t understand what demo you people played but i enjoyed the hell out of it. Smooth animation, the combat, while easy was fun and rewarding. Music and Art-Direction are fantastic and there were some nice moments in the demo. The Story is the key for me, so i get this game.

@19: Sorry, but if Reach plays like Videogames should play then Videogames should die a horrible death. Reach plays exactly like Halo one. The Halo series is one that should not have been there to begin with. A series that made as few changes as possible. And you can see it in Reach. The game was complete boredom. You played one Halo you played them all. I hope that really was their last Halo title and they are off to – maybe – make one good game again.

“Let’s not risk ANYTHING” is probably their policy. Which is why i’m totally thankful that there are developers such as Ninja Theory.

I really laughed my ass off when you said “gameplay perfection”. Wow, really? You call that perfect? Your expectations are pretty low.

21. polygem

i can understand if someone doesn´t like the artwork, story etc. of halo – absolutely. i´m not a big halo “universe” fan either and can´t wait for bungies next ip. but halo is a perfectly crafted and balanced fps. i really can´t understand how you can´t see that. it plays extremely smooth. every kill is rewarding as hell because you really have to earn them. it´s a so well balanced and thought out system. i think they made enough changes in reach with the abilities and the new gametypes. for bungie halo ends with reach and you really can´t blame them for making a halo game. uncharted 2 also plays a lot like the first one, ratchet and clank, resistance, gears…i don´t have to continue i guess…gameplaywise it wont get much better than halo for fps on consoles. you can´t compare it to enslaved anyway. but to me the camera in the demo was totally fucked up, movement felt so clunky. hated it. also the u3 graphics looked washed out to me. didn´t like the artwork as well…

22. YoungZer0

You don’t? I think that’s the biggest strongpoint about the game. I love the art-direction. It’s so re-freshing.

I don’t hate the Art-Direction in Reach. It’s the first time i actually like it. But i came in expecting a different game and it wasn’t at all. I played the first Halo a few days earlier and it was really hard to see a difference between those two. And i disagree about the game you mentioned. Yes, they are sequels, but if you compare Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 1 you can absolutely feel the improvement. Same goes for R&C and Resistance … Gears, not so much.

The only thing Bungie did different in their whole Halo series was including a space ship level in Reach. That’s it. They never took any risks and that’s what bothers me about the whole thing.

Also: The marketing campaign pisses me off. I remember the amazing TV Spot for ODST and was really pumped. Until i saw the actual game. I actually think that a different developer might be more competent in delivering the feeling and atmosphere the TV Spots have.

Oh and i might have to mention that i don’t play Halo for the multiplayer.

23. polygem

Ok. I Love it for the mp. The campaign was alright but pretty flat. Nothing special i agree. I love the mp. Its such a beast…

24. DaMan

it’s a great example of how not to make videogames in my opinion.

titles like this are pretty much a series of connected rooms with the system leading you by the hand. the combat is shallow, there’s absolutely zero depth to it. mash the attack button until those finite state machines block, then stun them; repeat.. the platforming is completely on rails. I mean ffs, you can’t even die from falling down..

it is absolutely clear that NT were trying to make an interactive story sequence.. probably should’ve made something akin to what Quantic Dream are doing. or better yet, just a cg movie instead of a pseudo game.