No PC version of NASCAR 2011 The Game due to “lack of retail space,” says Eutechnyx

Friday, 1st October 2010 07:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

nascar2011

Eutechnyx has told VG247 the reason why there’s no PC version of the recently-announced NASCAR 2011 The Game is due to a “lack of retail space.”

Speaking to us following yesterday’s unveil, the publisher’s Dave Thompson did add it has have something planned for PC gamers.

“The lack of retail space for PC currently means it’s tough to justify the costs of development for traditional distribution,” said Thompson.

“Nevertheless, we have something up our sleeves that should satisfy the legions of dedicated PC racers – watch this space.”

Thompson also added he thought that Gran Turismo 5′s NASCAR segment would be “complimentary” to Eutechynyx’s take on the sport rather then it being just competitive.

“Believe it or not, I actually think that GT5’s offering will actually be complimentary to our own as it gives gamers an introductory taste to the world of NASCAR,” he said.

“I am a fan of the GT franchise, but we have to make very clear what GT5 has and how it differs from NASCAR The Game 2011. We believe that Sony has licensed a small selection of cars & tracks from the world of NASCAR and these cars & tracks exist solely within Gran Turismo’s standard game world.”

Get the full interview through here and first shots here.

NASCAR 2011 The Game launches next February 2011 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Yoshi

*cough* bullshit *cough*

2. Kalain

And here’s me thinking that alot of PC games where going through Digital Distribution…

Maybe I was in an alternate reality when I heard that

3. endgame

who cares about this game anyway? I have so many good games on PC that I couldn’t play half of them if the day had 48 hours and I wouldn’t need any sleep. so.. w/e. :)

4. Grimrita

a shit game like this isnt even worth the bandwith for DD

5. freedoms_stain

Gutted, I was really really looking forward to turning left, then turning left, then turning left again. The best bit is right at the end. The bit where you turn left.

6. blackdreamhunk

looks like them games devs are at it again! NASCAR is garbage anyway why would I want to buy garbage when I have a million other game devs and games.

anything to trash talk pc gaming huh!

7. spiderLAW

woah! BDH?
    Where have you been?

8. blackdreamhunk

I have been here all long. I check vg247 every day.

9. neilmike

oh really…well haven’t you heard of digital distribution downloading the likes of steam or direct2drive and i dont give a rat ass about the retail… you dopey bastard…so fuck you Eutechnyx