Xbox Live activity for the week of Sept 20 – Halo reaches for the win

Thursday, 30th September 2010 17:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

reach

Pardon the pun in the title, but it seemed fitting enough.

Microsoft has released the list of top Xbox Live titles for the week of September 30, and unsurprisingly, Halo: Reach is top Spartan on the chart.

For the week September 13, the Bungie shooter was only out for a portion of the reporting period, but still came in a respectable second. It was also the number one game on Live for seven days during that time, and had nearly “four times as many unique users playing the game on Xbox Live vs. Halo 3 for the week”

Bungie also reported that during the same week, over 70 million game had been played, 235 million player games played, and many other large stats.

Needless to say, it’s a pretty popular game.

Here’s the full Live chart via Major Nelson for the week of September 20:

15. NBA 2K11 Demo
  16. NHL 11
  17. Halo 3: ODST
  18. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
  19. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo
  20. NCAA Football 11

Charts for Arcade, Indie, and GFWL titles can be found through the Major Nelson link.

1. theevilaires

Black ops is just around the corner but thanks for the obvious news again Steph….news flash *the sky is blue* ;)

(and the big yellow ball in the sky makes it hot….unlike this article :D )

2. Stephany Nunneley

Yo tea… bite me :D *wink*

3. Callum

Halo3 @ 3 ?! wtf. Interesting Data steph. *glares at Tea*

4. spiderLAW

yeah seriously. And the fact that ODST is on the list too is a big WTF
    its a crazy time we live in….

5. Dralen

I likey all the big numbers :P

6. lexph3re

And no fighting games in the top 20? Where’s the appreciation for that genre on 360?

7. theevilaires

@4 looks who talking PSNoob all you do is play your precious PS3. I have been putting in tons of hours of Reach while you sit back on PSNoob Station playing BFBC2…..You and Reask disgust me both! PSNoobs!

8. spiderLAW

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Feel neglected TEA?
    Im trying to platinum BFBC2 this week so i can sell it and get back to playing Halo Reach. I only need 4 more trophies for BFBC2….if you help me i can be done even faster.

Reask is a whole other story

You and I should just tackle the SP campaign since we can never find Reask

9. Michael O’Connor

@8 I think he’s feeling left out because people can’t be bothered to argue with him anymore. So now he’s had to resort to “itsucks” level of trolling and flaming.

10. reask

Excuse me Tea I have 14 hours multi done already. :)
    I seen your PS sig as well LOL.
    Thinking of changing mine actually.
    Now what could I put in it?!!!!

How about (Theevilaires is a closet Xbot). :D

11. spiderLAW

Unnecessary bro.
    He isnt trolling and nobody is as bad as itsucks anyways….

Wait….are you saying you miss TEA, huh Mike???
    O hey mike, did you get a chance to play the Castlevania LOS game yet?

12. reask

You guys are on when Im in bed because of time difference.
    I could do with getting into a party with you 2 to help me improve my stats. :)

Heaven knows I need all the help I can get.

13. theevilaires

@8 I forget to get back to you on that….been playing Reach like its the last 24 hours of my life lately.

@9 Do we need a round 2 in the forums sir. You want attention so bad its sad (HA! that rhythms)

@10 Its the truth on my PS sig but it does seem like I’m playing more on LIVE these days than PSNoob Station. Oh and that date I went on Sunday and stood you up for some Reach MP…..lets just say I should have stayed and played Reach with you :D

14. Michael O’Connor

@11 Considering he’s calling the console stuff like the “PSNoob Statation”, yeah, I’d saying he’s hanging precariously close to itsucks’ territory. =P

And yes, I did. It’s not perfect, but I was pretty damn impressed.

The most niggling complaint for me was the poorly placed static camera, which sometimes makes it hard to tell what you’re hitting. It may just be that particular part of the game, so I’m hoping that doesn’t continue to be an issue throughout the game.

I liked the combat, but it’s no Bayonetta. Some attacks seems slow and unresponsive, but they’re nowhere near as bad as God of War 3′s controls in that respect.

Game *looks* absolutely stellar. Every single texture and effect is insanely polished and crisp looking. Easily Uncharted 2 quality.

I’ll definitely be picking it up.

15. spiderLAW

@ TEA
    What happened? She turned out to be a Mike Tyson look alike?

16. spiderLAW

You really thought it was uncharted 2 quality? I thought i looked great but i didnt think it was that good. I had problems with the Face animations, side models (villagers), the hair on the wolves/lycanthropes, and the overall plastic look of the game. Everything else looked really good. I just wanna see more levels WITHOUT RAIN! talk about pixelation, jeez lol.

I think that it was pretty decent. Just wont pick it up right away.

O, and TEA is just doing that to get a rise out of me and Reask or to just be sarcastic. We all know its PSN>XBL for TEA…hes just in la la land with Halo Reach right now. I think mostly hes just trying to justify the $130 he paid for Reach, XBL, and Microphone.

17. reask

LMAO @ Tea.

@ MOC
    You do know you are wrong?

Tea is taking the Mick out of Spider and me.

18. Michael O’Connor

@16 You are aware that almost every cutscene in Uncharted 2 is a pre-rendered video file and not actually rendered in-game, right?

Kinda takes the wind of the sails a little, doesn’t it?

You *never* see that level of fidelity during gameplay in Uncharted 2, as damn impressive as it looks, which I won’t deny for a second. It’s easily the most impressive looking console game there is.

So yes, Lord of Shadows looks just as good as Uncharted 2.

19. theevilaires

@14 you’re a blind fool if you think castlevania LOS looks near UC2….but then again thats not hard to figure out why you would make a dumb opinion like that after reading you last name :D

@15 I would love to drop details here about it for many comedic reasons but this is an EO game site not an AO game site :D Don’t want to cross that line to piss off Garratt. Just say I got in and got kicked out immediately afterward :D ;) was very awkward I have to say. Same girl too when we we’re playing Reach that night. Oh well….. at least I scored :) …in HALO REACH I mean ;)

20. spiderLAW

@18 Yes i am aware of that. But Even the in game animations were convincing and didnt have any of those problems that C:LOS had….it is a demo so it might be fixed by release time but i doubt it.
    What do you mean “Level of fidelity”?
    I never had any issues with Uncharted 2. No bugs, no see through characters, no framerate drops, no out of sync audio, no ghosting during animation, no problems at all. Did you get a copy of the game that was different from mine? im being completely serious.
    This has happened before.
    Spiderman Web of Shadows for example.
    My neighbor complained of unbearable screen tearing, loads of framrate drops, and textures coming in and out while I had no problems with mine. So i tried his copy on my PS3 and all of those problems were indeed there. We were completely flabbergasted and left thinking “WTF is that all about?” He ended up borrowing my copy.

21. Michael O’Connor

“What do you mean “Level of fidelity”?”

I didn’t experience any of those problems in the demo myself. I was playing the PS3 version. I’m aware the 360 one has some slowdown issues though, but I haven’t tried that version yet.

If you’ve had this problem before, there’s two possibility. Disc scratching is causing streaming problems, or someone’s laser is wacky and not reading data fast enough.

22. spiderLAW

Yes i know what fidelity means -_- … i was trying to see where you would find that there is some lack of it with Uncharted 2.

like i said above, there was no problems with Uncharted2 like you are implying.

And for the demo of C:LOS. I didnt experience any of those problems i was making examples (they were just examples) of for your implications on UC2 except for what i had mentioned in my first comment on the game “I had problems with the Face animations, side models (villagers), the hair on the wolves/lycanthropes, and the overall plastic look of the game.” Which were all on the PS3 version of the demo. The 360 demo did have more issues too especially the occasionly frame rate slow down.

23. ton77

reach is pretty good. but its fillin the gap for Black Ops really nicely. its should be number 1… my whole list says Halo: Reach

24. LOLshock94

this has to be wrong who the fuck still plays GTA 4 or halo ODST

25. Callum

Ive got it!

Everyone is playing reach, except 19 other people, and each one is playing a different game.

26. freedoms_stain

A lot of people have, and I quote “been trying to get ODST out of the fucking way” in terms of getting the ridiculously easy yet time consuming online achievements.