First set of screenshots released for NASCAR The Game 2011

Thursday, 30th September 2010 20:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

nascar

Activision has released the first set of screenshots for NASCAR The Game 2011.

The screens below show NASCAR vehicles circling a track, along with the Phoenix International Raceway and the Martinsvile Speedway. There’s even one of Greg Biffle’s number 16 car causing one to launch into mid-air.

Of course, what is a NASCAR race without the thrill of a massive wreck anyway?

Formally announced this morning after being in rumorville for ages, the Eutechnyx-developed title is slated for a February release on PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360.

You can also check out our interview with Eutchnyx’s Dave Thompson through here, which also has a few screen renders of the game as well.

The first trailer for the game is scheduled to appear om SPEED TV this Sunday at 10am EST, and will be loaded onto the game’s official site afterward.

1. Razor

Heh, not bad.

No GT5 though.

2. Erthazus

Wow. Shots are nice.

I hope they will include “Road America”.

3. mattrobbo670

yep but gt5 will have all this and more up yours xbox

4. theevilaires

No GT5 but hey at least they are trying.

5. DaMan

I wonder how many Nascar titles did those ‘xbots’ play since the last GT game..

6. spiderLAW

1, 3-5
    Yall be Trolling. GT5 doesnt look nearly as good as this

7. Freek

I smell bullshots, or atleast non gameplay. Perhaps the intro movie or target renders.

8. DaMan

@6 I think you misunderstood my post.

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Sorry #6, but clearly you have that backwards. Clearly.

10. spiderLAW

@8 and 9
    Come on, how can you even compare the 2. I much rather go in circles than have to steer around winding tracks.
    Plus this game beats Gt5′s graphics by a 1/4 mile :)

11. DaMan

@10 uh, no buddy. read my comment one more time.

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

spiderLAW, your comment about the graphics is very…..surprising. Take a look at how fuzzy and blurry the above pics look. Now take a look here.

Notice how sharp, crisp and defined all the edges are? Scroll down and take alook at the nascar shots. It’s a no brainer really dude.

13. The Hindle

@ 10 well considering GT 5 has been in development for 6 years id say no this doesnt beat GT5s graphics lol .

14. theevilaires

Sorry but from now on:

All racing sim games have to be compared to GT5

All 3rd person action games have to be compared to UC2

All motion control gaming has to be compared to MOVE

See a pattern starting ;)

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster

TEA you just took this to a whole ‘nother level……..lol

16. DaMan

and all fanboys must be compared to..

17. theevilaires

….this guy DaMan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Pereira

EDITED!

18. DaMan

meh.

I have no idea who’s ‘Kevin Pereira’ though. there’s nothing there btw.

19. Erthazus

@RetardMan, http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/munn-boobs-2.jpg

:D

20. DaMan

@19 you don’t have to prove that you’re an idiot anymore, friend. you convinced me long ago.

21. spiderLAW

@18 Kevin Pereira is host of Attack of the Show on G4 Game(was Tech) Tv.

@11 Yes dude! im not a fracking retard. I know what you meant. GT5 took 6yrs meaning Xbox(and PS3) players have had at least 5 Nascar games in between that time so Sony Phonies can go and eat that information…blah blah blah

@ 9, 12, and 13
    you guys didnt get the sarcasm aye?
    I thought i made it pretty obvious that i was joking.
    GT5 Graphics>>>>>>>>>any racing sim.

Wasnt Nascar the same sports event that used Suped up Chevy Monte Carlos?
    Chevy is like a Period, Every pussy gets one.

22. Erthazus

@RetardMan, you have serious problems. I didn’t even said something to you and you are like 7 year old kid: You AR Idiot!!1

It’s probably because someone a lot bullied you at school. :( Awww. I’m sorry.

23. DaMan

@11 well, why did you aim the same joke at posts saying completely the opposite then? I thought your sarcasm wasn’t quite relevant to what I said,

@22 the tone. it’s important. I was indifferent, dude.

24. spiderLAW

I didnt want you to feel left out :)
    Plus it helped out my sarcasm and it worked cuz it obviously threw everyone off.

25. DaMan

ah. thank you, my man.

26. Dr.Ghettoblaster

This comment section went grade school all of a sudden. I’M OUT!

27. spiderLAW

No please dont go. Come back… -_-

did you guys catch that sarcasm?