Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater confirmed for spring in Japan

Wednesday, 29th September 2010 12:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen

snake-eater-3ds

Konami confirmed at Nintendo’s 3DS event today that it’ll be launching Metal Gear Solid 3DS: Snake Eater next spring.

A 2011 release was given by Hideo Kojima during TGS a couple of weeks back, but nothing as concrete until now.

Some new shots and a new trailer, which consists of real-time footage, have also been released. Get them over at the official website.

The game’s a fully-fledged redux of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for PS2.

Nintendo announced a February 26 launch in Japan for 3DS this morning.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Goffee

Wow, looks at least as good as the PSP Peace Walker version, I am liking this console. Although the warnings about only playing for an hour in 3D will be widely ignored and we get a generation of gamers getting whacked in car accidents and bumping into things as their depth perception goes all screwy…

2. Michael O’Connor

“Wow, looks at least as good as the PSP Peace Walker version.”

I would argue that it easily looks better. Textures look crisper, resolution seems higher, far more detail on the character models as well.

Certainly impressive looking.

3. manamana

Really nice, considering its the first wave of games, while on the PSP its the last…

4. themadjock

@2 Finally something we agree on :)

5. lexph3re

No so sure I agree with that texture statement. I play peace walker everyday and cut scences look as sharp as this image. I will wait till the release of this title though because 3DS is looking like smoke and mirrors to me right now. Like when I got suckered into buying ff4 because the cut scene in the beginning and screen shots of it were. Deceptive to the gameplay. I don’t see hideo as the type to make a half assed games he states he releases his core titles on the superior technology of the time but anything else I’ve seen are generally ports. Besides the small screen enables better looking resolution then a larger screen. I just pray 3DS isn’t a crap system on release because specs aren’t impressing me to much.

6. kmtburton

If that videos in game then this looks graphically way better than MGSPW. Peace Walker is my favorite in the series though. Gameplay though, I don’t know MGS3 gameplay wouldn’t work too good without the second analog stick. Hopefully they go with the PW control scheme. Either way no way I’m buying a 3DS anytime soon.