Black Ops teaser site shows zombies on security camera

Tuesday, 28th September 2010 16:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

blackopszombies

Grizzly ghouls from every tomb, are closing in to seal your doom.

Zombies are coming to Black Ops, according to the game’s teaser site gknova6.com.

If you click on the link there, you’ll see eight security screens, and each one shows bad things happening to people – along with shambling rot coming down the halls. Creepy.

Treyarch including zombies in its latest Call of Duty title shouldn’t really surprise anyone in the slightest. It was first rumored back in June when studio head Mark Lamia refused to confirm or deny whether the undead would be present in the game or not.

Then, in August, Best Buy outed zombies for the Hardened Edition of Black Ops, before pulling the information. Listings from Play-Asia and GameStop also dropped some zombie information. Specifically Nazi Zombies.

Yesterday, it was revealed BradyGames had listed Nazi Zombies in its official strategy guide for Black Ops.

Sounds like there will be zombies. Most definitely. Now, all Treyarch needs to do is stop being coy and just let the cat out of the bag. The poor thing can’t breathe in there anymore.

Call of Duty: Black Ops hits retail on November 9 for DS, PC, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. koopa

omg, what I was waiting for, I’m a die hard nazi zombie fan. I’m getting 5 copy’s(real).

2. spiderLAW

Zombies!!!!! YAY!

3. spiderLAW

5 copies….sheesh. Im going to get the hardened edition for PS3
    and maybe a copy for PC

@Steph
    Nice Thriller Reference :) :P :D

4. drewbles82

Im gonna wait till day of release as last yr, sainsburys and morrissons were doing it for like £26.
    I do like these games and would love to buy the map packs, just think its cheap what they did, 3 old maps and 2 new ones. They should do what rock band does and let you export maps, how awesome would that be. on day of launch you pay 1200ms to export them from the last games.
    That id pay 4 cuz its annoying u pay 4 all these map packs and then a new game comes out so u rarely eva play the old stuff.

5. spiderLAW

@4 i agree
    thats why i never buy the map packs. Once i reach 4th prestiege, if i really still want to play it, i’ll move on to the PC and play on custom maps.

6. DSB

I never did play nazi zombies in WaW. I think I’m gonna stick with the regular edition. I don’t know how great those few maps are, but I doubt it’s worth the price for me.

Vietcong zombies… Now that would be neat.

7. Michael O’Connor

*yawn*

8. spiderLAW

DSB
    Nazi Zombies was great. Dont let mike over here fool you lol.
    I played it for days before moving on and then i ended up going back to it.
    I agree with the Vietcong zombies….though i’d rather it be US Soldiers zombies…US did invade Vietnam without a REAL good reason to.

9. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Thanks! Glad someone caught it :)

10. DSB

I don’t think zombies are supposed to be “the most wrong guys around” – They’re just supposed to scare western people :P

That’s why you use nazis, blacks, vietcong.. Hell, personally I think the zombie taliban would be scary as fuck. Especially the pakistani zombie taliban. They could do Bollywood moves and shit.

I should probably check it out. People do seem to go crazy for it.

Zombie GI’s would definitely work too, though. Weren’t they in a crappy horror game recently?

*EDIT* Yup, Shellshock 2.

11. Moonwalker1982

YES YES YES! I absolutely loved Nazi zombies in WaW. But i don’t get something, during Gamescom they said ‘Nazi zombies? Come on, thats getting rather old now…’ i was expecting ‘modern day’ zombies i guess. Also…is this just about the old maps from WaW returning (for the special edition of Black Ops) or will we get brand new maps too? I’ve yet to see any of that :(.

12. spiderLAW

@10 lol. Yeah…shellshock ROFL!

@11 I think they are the same old maps (including the DLC maps) but with updated graphics. Hopefully they will include some new maps and features though.

13. Moonwalker1982

It would be a ripoff if they are gonna charge you for OLD WaW maps. Graphics update won’t be that big, i don’t see a huge difference between this and MW2 in terms of graphics. Maybe a few bits in the singleplayer videos but not much.

New maps for Zombie mode is nessecary, is absolutely normal, cause damn..it’s a NEW game!!!!But these days, nothing is normal anymore it seems. We’re gonna have to wait and see.

14. EscoBlades

*yawns too*

15. -jb667-

this info made my day :-) NAZI ZOMBIES is so much fun

16. guapo

If you go to the site mentioned above and watch the feed, towards the end of the rotation in the bottom left screen there is a guy with a gasmask firing what looks like an ak-47. This (hopefully) might mean a more modern setting or at least a different setting. The ak-47 was widely used by the vietcong.

17. guapo

Actually in the top 3 right screens there are a few images of other guns not found in WaW.

18. undeadwolfy

@8 indeed, i purchased WaW just for the zombies like after map pack 3. anything else i got was a bonus like the AWESOME campaign and the okay..multiplayer.

19. Moonwalker1982

So Nazi-Zombies in modern day? Weird….@ jb667 This info only made my day too, if this means new maps too. Which is still very vague.