BradyGames mentions Nazi Zombies for Black Ops

Monday, 27th September 2010 10:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

codwaw

Strategy guide publisher BradyGames has seemingly confirmed there will be Nazi Zombies in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

BG, who are creating the strategy guide to the Treyarch shooter, press released the book on Friday. The PR mentions:

“Whether it’s a complete walkthrough to the gritty Cold War-era Campaign mode, tips and tricks to rank up in Multiplayer, how to excel in Co-Op, or fight back the relentless Nazi Zombie horde…”

Retailer listings from Play-Asia and GameStop have also mentioned the co-op mode, which debuted in World at War two years ago (thanks, EG).

It’s not the first time Nazi zombies have been spotted for Black Ops.

Four “zombie Maps Pack made famous from COD: World at War,” were listed by US retailer Best Buy before the info was yanked.

Call of Duty: Black Ops launches on November 9 for PS3, 360, PC, Wii and DS.

1. Mattigan

What is this obsession with fucking Nazi Zombies all about! Give it a rest!

2. Ghost_Dog

I thought that they were going to be Communist Zombies?

3. Thalius

If Treyarch is so in love with zombies why dont they just make a game about zombie not put it into other games that dont really have anything to do with zombies.
    Sh!t makes no sense.

4. AHA-Lambda

oh i’m abit disappointed after all their secrecy and the rumours of aliens =(

5. Lord Gremlin

I bet some people will buy the game for this mode alone. Also, nazi zombies are a very safe bet – you won’t offend anyone. Everybody agrees that nazi are evil, and zombies are evil.

6. KrazyKraut

The Zombie Mod for CoD4 was fun

7. Maximum Unreal

@6 LOL that shit was bad :D

8. mojo

ok, now get them dressed in pink uniforms and im sold on this.

9. scuz

fucking treyarch

10. endgame

seriously now, where u expecting anything better from treyarch? I wasn’t.

11. EscoBlades

Another crappy filler mode by the masters of the art….Treyballs.

12. MrBambinoDent

well it’s not the same for everyone .. lots of people would buy the game for this game mode alone.
    And I’m one of them ..

13. Gadzooks!

Nazi Zombies was the only thing I liked about Cod:WaW. Still not buying any more Cod games for a few years though.

Reach is such a comprehensive package that I can’t see me having room for another FPS for quite a long time.

14. IRISHBULL

I saw a video where they said it wouldn’t make much sense to have Nazi’s in a Cold War era game.

15. spiderLAW

All you people up there complaining about the inclusion of Nazi Zombies obviously havent played the mode. And its kind of funny that there is any complaining about an extra feature. Nazi Zombies was super great fun and i HOPE that it is included in Black Ops in some way.

16. stretch215

@15 + 1000 Most likely they all SUCK at cod. I find that this is usually the inspiration for the hate. Of course they won’t admit it though. Watch the responses I get. And treyarch>infinity ward. Imo WaW was a better game than cod4, except for the setting. I felt WaW had better level design (much better), and more fluid gameplay. Just my opinion of course.

17. EscoBlades

@16: Bwhahaha! Sweeping generalisation is the height of foolhardiness.

18. guapo

@17 And poor spelling is the height of stupidity.

19. spiderLAW

Ok Ok, lets not turn this conversation into a heated arguement.

I agree. Most people that do complain about “any good game” in general are just not good at the game they complain about.
    I also agree that WaW was a better game than COD4. I was tired of the WW2 shooters but WAW was still great fun and as you said, the level design and fluidity of the gameplay was better than COD4. In my opinion of course.
    Black Ops looks like its going to be loads better than MW2 too. So i would agree Treyarch>IW. (Although, would Treyarch be as good as they are without IW’s foundation to build off of?)

I bought Halo Reach….Cant wait for Black Ops…nuff said.

20. LookIntoMyEyees

All the map packs on COD Waw sold very well! So it is obvious that trey arch would Include zombies. I really enjoyed it! People who are complaining I understand you guys, but come on it’s zombies I love it!

21. -jb667-

NAZI ZOMBIES was the best non standard mode ever made in a COD game…after beat the sp campaign and multiplayer to 1st prestige there is just the undeads that keep the game alive :-)

22. EscoBlades

@18: I’d check your spelling manual again if i were you…or take a trip to specsavers. Whichever suits you best.

23. guapo

@22 GENERALIZATION is spelled with a Z (Unless you’re using some crazy british derivative like colour or honour, if so, my apologies). Stop using online dictionaries, they are terrible.

24. spiderLAW

Yes he was using a British way of spelling it.
    Its a common mistake we Americans make when reading their words spelled differently. It happens quite often :)

25. guapo

Thanks spider,in that case everyone please disregard my earlier comment on spelling.

26. freedoms_stain

Very few English words have a z in the middle (if indeed any?), they’re rampant in American English though.

27. koopa

i love Nazi Zombies, fu** u

28. tokman

Nasi Sombies in Britain..!!

29. Mattigan

@26 A common misconception, strangely enough, the yanks are usually using the correct spelling where ‘z’ is concerned.

Using the ‘s’, while acceptable, is still technically incorrect a lot of the time.

Colour and Honour are a different matter! ;)