Xbox Live Activity for the week of Sept. 13 – Modern Warfare 2 tops

Thursday, 23rd September 2010 23:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

modernwarfare241

Major Nelson has posted the Live activity list for the week of September 13, and it shows Modern Warfare 2 is still tops.

Wondering why Halo: Reach isn’t numero uno? Well, you have to take into account it was only out for a portion of the reporting period, so it will likely be king next week.

However, it still came in a respectable second and, according to The Major, “was the number one game on Xbox LIve for the past seven days and had nearly four times as many unique users playing the game on Xbox Live vs. Halo 3 for the week of Sept. 13″.

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles

15. Left 4 Dead 2
  16. NBA 2K11 Demo
  17. NHL 11
  18. NCAA Football 11
  19. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo
  20. Madden NFL 10

The top arcade and and indie titles can be found over The Major’s blog.

1. Erthazus

Modern Warfare 2 tops Reach? O_o how is this…

2. RETARDED VIKING

Holy shit dude wow that’s actually surprising.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Bunige’s put out some numbers, I’m about finished with the post now.

4. naruto 10

this is because the noops

5. lexph3re

And no one notice that just about all the games played on there are fps’s? 6 out of the top 10. And ppl still hittin more fps’s down the list. Is this what gaming is now? First person shooters?
    Seems like if people don’t wanna play sports they wanna kill eachother fps style.lol…..I only amuse myself >.>

6. freedoms_stain

I’ve been getting my L4D2 on today.

Finally got that sub 3-minute bridge run done. Oh yeah!

7. DSB

Steam is showing the exact same trend. All shooters and sportsgames, with a huge ammount of Civ V players entering the fray and a little turnoff to Empire: Total War (Why, I really don’t know).

From what I hear, PSN is no different, but since they don’t publish it’s all circumstancial.

The FPS format is awesome, but it’s impressive that those games are so alike, and still do well.

8. freedoms_stain

@5, fps games have the most widespread appeal, so obviously they’re going to occupy most of the top spots.

9. lexph3re

I’m pretty sick of fps’s to be honest. Its 60bucks for the same formula in a different character. I am going to just pick a franchise and stick to it in the fps realm. Until there is no one playing it anymore.lol. its gonna be m.a.g killzone 3, or resistence 3. Sparing they have a good enough multiplayer for the other 2 when they release. I’m spartan’d out

10. DSB

@9 I feel the same way. I can’t play two FPSs at the same time, it just doesn’t mix.

I already have my progression mapped out though: Modern Warfare 2 > Possibly Black Ops > Possibly Medal of Honor > Definitely Brink > Play Brink until I die.

11. lexph3re

Lol good progression @10 I can’t figure mines out fully because there’s to many to pick from. Maybe m.a.g>medal of honor> killzone 3> work…… ack! Why does that always interfere with my gaming!!!!

12. frostquake

Hates Sport games, would rather play for real..Love FPS games, because it is Legal to Kill a NPC enemy and not be in real danger in the real world…can’t do that in real life, well you can, but I think your in real danger of dying in real life…No start over level or reset button…

13. Gadzooks!

Read the article, not just the headline.