Ninja Theory on DMC: “What was cool” in the past “isn’t cool any more”

Wednesday, 22nd September 2010 09:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dmc7

Didn’t like the new look to Dante in last week’s DMC reveal? Don’t worry: it’s all within reason, according to Capcom and developer Ninja Theory.

Ninja Theory creative design boss Tameem Antoniades said the essence of DMC’s look is “all about cool.”

“It’s about Dante being cool and making you feel cool when you’re playing it, and so the combat and the style system and everything is integral to that,” Antoniades told 1UP.

“If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he’d get laughed out.

“What Devil May Cry did when it launched was it brought everything that was great about action cinema like the fashion, music – it was like a cultural melting pot – and I feel like now, for Devil May Cry to have that same impact, it needs to draw on new things.

“New music, new ways of cinematography, new fashion.”

There was a strong reaction to DMC’s character design last week, with many being heavily critical of Dante’s emo look.

Original DMC creator Hideki Kamiya instantly came out against the series reboot, but Antoniades said he likes Kamiya’s effort since, the Platinum-developer Bayonetta.

Nearly.

“I love the game. I think it’s awesome. It’s taken everything – it’s just gone to a total extreme.

“But in terms of, ‘Do I think it’s cool?’ No, not at all. I think it’s caricatured and over-the-top and very ‘Japanesey,’ and for that absurd style it does that really well, but that’s not what I want.”

The new art style has been worked on for the past year, with the story only being worked on now.

Smells like teen angst

Capcom US producer Alex Jones added that some of the proposed designs for Dante’s younger version were far more extreme than the final cut.

“We had a shirtless version of Dante, with just suspenders. That went nowhere,” Jones told Kotaku.

“It looked like he had just stumbled out of a Clash concert. That was as far out as Ninja Theory went with the character design.

“When [Keiji] Inafune saw it he said, ‘I don’t think so.’”

While the game will be something of an origin story for Dante, Jones added the reboot was needed to make “the game relevant to the current times.”

“Look at the Dark Knight,” said Jones. “That went from the Gothic fun house of the earlier Batman movies, to a fairly dark look at Chicago crime today.

“We want to update and mature the tone of Devil May Cry.”

There’s no date yet, but it’ll be available for PS3 and 360.

1. Blerk

“We had a shirtless version of Dante, with just suspenders.”

Argh! Erase my brain!

2. Erthazus

““But, you know, what was cool 12 years ago – I think that was when the first game came out [It actually came out nine years ago for PS2 - JC] – isn’t cool any more.”

JC Owned him right in the face. :D

3. tenthousandgothsonacid

I’m reminded of the very true Simpsons moment :

Grampa Simpson: I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems weird and scary to me… it’ll happen to you!

4. Isuru86

Twillight isnt cool u fat SOB !

5. tenthousandgothsonacid

p.s. Blerk, they mean u.s. suspenders (i.e. braces) the illiterate twats over the pond.

6. Blerk

I know, but my brain can’t shift the… argh!

/bashes head on table

7. Nozz

I’ve got nothing nice to say about the “New” Dante design but as long as the game is good then all is not lost!

8. Erthazus

“We want to update and mature the tone of Devil May Cry.”

Jesus, someone fuck him, after playing Enslaved demo with it’s absolutely SHITTY and cliche story i don’t want to hear anything from this man.

9. mington

I like it, i don’t see the problem

Everything people dislike about Dante’s new image will probably change throughout the course of the games narrative anyways. Its an origin story, as we progress through the game Dante will probably acquire his sword, ebony and ivory and have his hair turn white (the hair turning white part is actually stated in the kotaku article). He’ll probably even don his trench coat in the games end movie.

And no doubt there will be a classic Dante DLC pack anyways

10. Blerk

They should’ve done a DMC sequel instead, with a fat, balding Dante hobbling his way around levels and complaining about his prostate.

11. Nozz

@9 “And no doubt there will be a classic Dante DLC pack anyways”
    There better be or i’m holding you responsible :p

12. Erthazus

@10 *laughing my ass off*

13. LewieP

Did you guys notice anything about Tameem?

This is what he looks like:

and this is the new look Dante:

14. David Sarkisjan

I think fans of the series are overreacting. They don’t seem to understand that these changes are necessary for DMC to grow. I don’t know how DMC4 did in terms of sales, I presume Capcom wasn’t happy about the figure and they want more out of this franchise.

I still agree that he doesn’t look great at the moment … and hope they will make some changes.

15. Blerk

I don’t think it’s even possible for DMC to grow now. It’s an old series that’s been steadily declining in popularity with every sequel. Personally I’d rather they put these old IPs to bed and moved onto new things rather than run them into the ground trying to reinvent and sell them to a ‘new’ market which most likely isn’t even there.

I’m not a DMC fan, btw. I sit firmly in the ‘not frothing at the mouth’ camp. :-)

16. Erthazus

@14 Actually it did pretty well for it’s franchise.
    but now they are completely alienating fans and it’s not just about the character, it’s about how the game looks.

and i don’t think so that this pice of crap will sell better when everybody thinks that everything is generic.
    Halt, even monsters (babes) are generic for DMC world… Oh man, seriously, thats jsut mehh../

17. mington

How about trans gender dante

18. Lord Gremlin

@4 Exactly. What horribly sucked in the past and sucks right now will also suck in the future.
    For example, Tameem Antoniades sucks now… And will suck in the future.

19. Freek

Dante was still cool in DMC 4, nothing has changed. The art style was bang up to date, the level design and gameplay was what lagged behind a little.
    And considering the reaction to the reboot, Dante would get laughed out of any bar now, not just Tokyo.

And never ever bring up Batman to jusitfy your dark reboot. Batman was and always has been a dark character, the movies strayed away from that with neon lights and bat niples so they failed. The new movies went back to the characters roots, that’s what made them good.

That is what Batman Begins should have taught people: go to the characters roots not to simply go dark.

20. David Sarkisjan

I am looking forward to “young Lara” reveal for the next Tomb Raider.

21. evilashchris

I hope more games take their cues from Muppet Babies. The world will be a better place.

22. Blerk

Perhaps they could give Dante his own Scrappy Doo equivalent?

23. Nozz

@13 LMAO WTF.

24. orakaa

I was a huge fan of the first DMC and played DMC 2 as well… but didn’t go any further.

I went to a press conference with Hideki Kamiya for the release of DMC3. I laughed so hard when he said that “DMC1 was ‘action stylish’…. then I made DMC2, which was ‘stylish action’, and with DMC3, I want to do both”.
    I tried DMC4 but didn’t enjoy it that much.

Anyway, change can be good… but the look of the new “Dante” is really horrible, whether you compare it to the old Dante or just consider it a new character.
    They should just let the DMC franchise where it belongs and develop a BRAND NEW game.
    And Ninja Theory is REALLY BAD when it comes to gameplay mechanics : Heavenly Sword was horrible to play, and Enslaved demo didn’t made me want to buy the game.

DMC is ALL about the cool and the fun you have when you play… Ninja Theory is no match for that (which is why they should just develop a new game)

25. Callum

lol, they changed what IT was, and now what I’m with, isn’t IT! Hahaha classic simpsons.

26. Elven_Star

Elven_Star on Ninja Theory: Kiss my ass.

27. Michael O’Connor

Love how people are still comparing this to Twilight and Emo despite the fact that it takes absolutely no influence from either.

As a grown man who grew up heavily immersed in the post punk cultures of the 80s, I am very much in love with the new character design. I think he’s genuinely cool in a way Dante never was, and it’s one of the best character designs I’ve seen in years.

Ninja Theory are a personal favourite company of mine as well. Their strong capacity to make skill-based spectacle fighter, along with their top rate choreography will make for a fresh new take on the franchise, and I believe a damn good game to boot.

28. Neolucifer

i’ve seen what they propose as gameplay for now two games , and it’s a cheesy and easy button mashing fest , that got nothing on dmc’s fighting system and its depth .

So yeah it is ok it’s you dig the look , but let’s not pretend dmc fans only have fake dante’s look to complain about .

There are various things in their gameplay that i profoundly dislike so far , and i dont see them getting away from it .
    Hell they’ve already added a revamp of their old morphing weaspon mechanics judging by the first video .

Worse , cutscenes , ingame or cgi , are almost always for the spectacle and cooler scenes . Going by that logic , if the trailer was an exemple of the best the game got to offer , i once aggain shudders for the gameplay and feel of the game .

What i saw was dull , clunky , using cheap camera tricks to give it an intensity that it doesnt have . A cheap and abused trick you find in enslaved combats , but i diverge .

Anyway DMC’s “stylish” action , in even its worse episodes , was about far more than spazzing the camera around like some wannabe Micheal Bay on crack .

And this is the part that irked me even more than the tramp look . Some people ask for a redesign (like with infamous 2) of the hero , but even so it wont fix the upcoming disaster of the gameplay .

There were only three franchise focusing more on having a deep engaging fighting mechanics and action, than epicness and story , ninja gaiden , devil may cry , and recently Bayonetta … while the others follow pretty much the same templates (with or without qte galore) .

What’s the point of the dmc “revolution” if its to make it like any common hack and slash of the market ?

In short , once again screw you Ninja Theory

/end of rant

PS : back to the actual topic … so now smoking is cool ?

@24 I’m not sure i understand your post . Kamiya 4 , he wasnt involved with dmc 2 …3 or 4

29. Hybridpsycho

So what’s cool now is actually gay? : /

30. mington

I always thought Dante was homosexual

31. YoungZer0

Thank you, Michael. Finally someone who understands.

Seriously the people comparing the new design to Twilight are obviously full of it. Everything about the new DmC seems to be heavily influenced by British old-school Punk Rock.

Dante reminds me a lot of Sid Vicious, minus the Girlfriend stabbing.

I love the new direction and fresh take. The Reboot is definitely something the franchise needed. I also love the fact the Ninja Theory doesn’t seem to give a fuck about what the people think. Thank you, NT. I hope you don’t change him like some other ball-less developer.

32. theevilaires

WTF did he just say. This guy I swear has some balls to be talking shit like this. How many times have we seen devs make games in their vision as a reboot and fail.

First of all the DMC reboot shouldn’t even had happen this gen. Nothing this loser of a dev can do to make it feel special again like DMC3. Next gen visuals and physics would have bought the DMC series back to glory.

Capcom you’re fucking up big time trusting random western developers with your most beloved franchises. If it ain’t Santa Monica studios,Naughty Dog,or even Rock Steady (NOW) don’t take the risk of ruining your rep.

33. Gheritt White

@ 32: Capcom couldn’t work with any of those devs you mentioned even if they wanted to, as none of them are independent. Ninja Theory are.

Oh and also, you’re a fag.

34. theevilaires

I know that 33 I was just describing the level of talent they need to goto. Not a noob dev like Ninja Theory.

Oh and thanks for the compliment :D

35. Gheritt White

@34: NP, any time. Also Ninja Theory have yet to make their rep – lets see how Enslaved reviews before writing them off completely.

Mechanically, it seems like NT would be a good fit for DMC, what with Heavenly sword already under their belt – then again I’ve not played a DMC game since the first so I’m not too familiar with the franchise.

36. spiderLAW

@ 27
    What game exactly are you thinking of when you mention Ninja Theory being so great?
    They have made 3 games so far. 1) Kung Fu Chaos (crap), 2) Heavenly Sword (ultimately a let down more than anything else), and 3) Enslaved which already looks to be a let down as well.

So where is this high regard you have for them coming from?

Also, I grew up around the same times you did and in no way does this guy resemble that time. The only thing about him that might is the wife beater and the necklace but that style still exists in the USA and has nothing to do with the 80s or 90s. He obviously has been designed to look like an Emo-punk. The Haircut, Blackness of the hair, Eyeliner, bright red lips, the tweezed/plucked/trimmed eyebrows, extremely pale skin, constipated look, cigarette smoking, boot style, tattered trench coat, anorexic and gangly body, skinny jeans with flare at the bottom…..I could go on. I can see these things clearly. I can see what the artist was intending (its my job to know, seriously).

I can’t stand Emos. If there is anything I cannot stand in this world, it’s Emokids and I have plenty of reasons for that.

I preferred the Japanese Cowboy look that the original Dante had. Cowboys piss all over emos.

Also some more lol. Your comparing him to the 80s Europunk and YoungZeros Sid vicious is clearly a contradiction of this dumbass’(Tameem Antoniades) statement. Those are things of the past, according to NT “we want to modernize his look”…if it was his intentio to go with the 80s style, he would be mixing his words with whats on paper. See what im saying?

37. DaMan

now i know why non mass market genre games get oddly low scores at times.. because people play them all in the same way.

38. NomadsoulZA

@ 36. ROFL, same here. I don’t want to play as a eye shadow using, skinny, nipple piercing emo. The whole appeal of the original Devil May Cry was the whole reckless, japanese cowboy, kick your ass Dante. Not the “I’ll go cut myself in a corner” emo freak…

39. Neolucifer

I dont believe they are a good fit … just because they do hack and slash games too means squat to me . At least not while their games are like this :

http://i51.tinypic.com/oh4uxf.jpg .

Dont misunderstand , for all my venom and rage , i think Heavenly sword (and enslaved) was a decent , even good game because of a great story and presentation .
    But those two part arent as much the focus of games like dmc than their gameplay …

They’ve got now an habit of unresponsive clunky controls with easy factor …. i dont want that with any dmc .

40. theevilaires

spiderLAW for president 2012! :D

I agree 1000%…..just change Emos to Euros ;)
    Plus its O’Connor, come on. If everyone in here start talking crap about how the game Vampire Rain was shit he would (naturally) defend it cause he has to stand out and be different from the rest of the crowd.

I got an idea how about we all take a trip to the worlds highest bridge and everyone decide not to jump off, so O’Connor can (naturally) disagree and jump off to prove his points.

……if only we could test that theory :D

41. Gheritt White

Would that be a “ninja” theory there, TEA?

OMG, ME AM TEH FUNNENIEST!!!

42. daytripper

if it aint broke you dont fix it, looks more like the crow than devil may cry

43. Michael O’Connor

@36 Mainly Heavenly Sword, which I consider a underrated masterpiece.

As for his design.

Post punk: http://skelemitz.wordpress.com/2009/02/02/after-a-fashion-post-punk/
    Emo: http://www.emo-styles.com/emo-fashion-for-boys
    Dante: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs324.ash2/60396_438640978529_737863529_5028006_5175922_n.jpg

He doesn’t have “bright red lips” or “emo hair”. Not even close. He’s also not pale. The guy has a blatant Asian complexion. The neck jewellery thing is a big hang on from punk culture. Cigarette smoking has *never* been a image used in the emo culture. And he’s not wearing eyeliner.

And I certainly don’t know any emos where trenchcoats were a popular fashion choice. Emo clothing is far simpler than what Dante is wearing in that promo image.

@40 Vampire Rain *was* shit.

If you’re going to try and make a point, at least check your facts. For one, there are dozens of popular games I think are great. I apologise for not falling back on group-think and actually have a critical opinion. Two concepts you wouldn’t understand.

44. mington

45. LordCancer

I never understood what was so bad assed about anderson cooper in a red trench coat.

46. spiderLAW

@ TEA
    LOL. Might be a good idea.

@ Daytripper
    The Crow is at least cool. This new Dante vaguely resembles him. He does resemble The Crows from part 2 and 3 though.

@ Mike
    Take a stroll down any place in Dirty Cali and the new Dante is a spitting image of Emopunkers.
    For you to say that he doesnt have any of those features that i mentioned just shows that you need to go get a stronger prescription of glasses. Or that you are clearly as TEA described and love to argue for the sake of arguing. He has a feminine hair-cut which is the rage with all the emokids. Where do you see this colorful complexion? He is a pale tint of yellow and the only real color he has on him is the bruises. Everything i mentioned in 36 is clearly and obviously there and for you to argue against that has nothing to do with opinion but has everything to do with denial.

47. Michael O’Connor

@46 What the hell are emopunkers?

It just sounds like some short of desperate group of people trying to differentiate themselves by blending culture styles instead of coming up with their own ideas.

48. Freek

What ever fashion label you may chose to putt on new Dante, it’s not going to make him look or sounds any better.

49. spiderLAW

@ 47
    I agree with 48 lol.

Emopunkers are what they are. EMOtional Punkers.
    What do you think Emos are Michael?….if not some whiney kids that feel like they have to be different to fit in and not be different in the process. Emo = stupidity at its greatest level. Punkers = punks. Emopunkers = stupid punks with a deranged sense of fashion and life. Basically how you describe them lol.

50. Michael O’Connor

@49 I already linked to what Emo is, at least fashion wise.

Emo as a culture did actually exist well before it became the joke of fad it is now, just like the punk and goth scenes did.

“Emopunker” is just a stupid term for a bunch of emo kids stealing fashion tips from punk styles. You can mix anything together.

51. theevilaires

Plus he looks like that Tameem Antoniades dude. For real this guy has some balls I’m telling you to make Dante this way. Personally I could care about the new style but come fucking on he looks like this guy http://heavenlynariko.wordpress.com/2009/11/19/enslaved-interview-with-tameem-antoniades/

Look at the hair styles. Plus he’s the lead designer. Come fucking on. I want to punch this guy in the face seriously for being that much of a prick. He wants to be fucking Dante in his wet dreams let him go to a costume shop and buy the get up (Halloween is right around the corner) but to try and establish himself as an icon of gaming FUCK NO.

Thats where I draw the line and this bobble head freak is taking it too far. I’m not buying this game if Dante looks like this guy.

52. Michael O’Connor

People who think they the new design for Dante was even remotely inspired by Tameem Antoniades’s own appearance seriously need to get their eyes checked.

The kinds of leaps in logic that people on the internet make nowadays is fucking hilarious.

53. OLD Dante

Look At This pic LOL
    Designed By Frobary (my friend)

54. The Hindle

Personally i think he looks like Brandon Lee and i can see a bit of Heath Ledgers joker as well. NT meh they cant even put a fucking jump button in thier games.

55. DuckOfDestiny

I’m all for a reboot of the series, but the new Dante is certainly not cool, more like a prick.

56. osric90

Oh my God… If anyone would dress as any character of any game they will be lookd and and maybe laughed at. I’m starting to think Ninja Theory is a bunch or retards. Thanks for ruining Dante and Enslaved, yes, that game. Seems to be another one on the bunch.

57. Neolucifer

Leap of logic ? they have now multiple times modeled people they know into their games . hell nariko’s facial features commes from an known actress .

Not buying it however , as it’s imo just a coincidence , and an issue with his taste in (ugly) hairstyle , and (poor) taste in design .

58. AHA-Lambda

fuck you NT, you wouldnt know good character design if it hut you with a mallet…which is what looks like happened to all of your characters

59. Michael O’Connor

Those who don’t like the new design will get a laugh out of this: http://www.thegamingvault.com/2010/09/dante-gives-dmc-fans-the-middle-finger/

60. spiderLAW

Where the hell do you think style and fashion comes from Mike?
    Everything that we consider ‘Original’ and different all come from a mixture of old styles that people in the past have already done so therefore by your example or statement of Emo existing before the new Emo, DUH! Originality rarely exists in today’s world and fashion is not one of those places where it doesn’t exist.
    Emopunker is the new fashion and is growing rapidly. Hell, even the little wannabe rappers here in Cali are using emopunk fashion and attitude.
    The Youth of today just becomes more and more idiotic as time goes on. Especially when we have Kids thinking that they can become a CEO of a high end business while going to their first job interview in a Wife beater, flip flops and board shorts.
    Or EMOs coming in for their first with a lack of enthusiasm.
    Anyways…back to Dante.
    A redesign of Dante is fine….just not this one. This NEW Dante is just plain wrong. They could have just dressed him up as a girl and that would have been just as good.

61. YoungZer0

@58: What the fuck do you know about design? Better not talk about things you don’t understand.

@60: I’m sorry but Dante is not Emo-Punk. He’s old school Punk. End of story. Seriously you sound like an old fart. “People today are idiots.” Guess what people always been idiots. Your youth and their style sucked just as hard as this generation. Better go down from your mighty horse. Especially if your immense ignorance. Don’t understand why Mike wastes his time with morons like you. You clearly don’t seem to understand anything about style or fashion.

62. AHA-Lambda

@61 – sorry since when did i need to know how to bake a cake to know when one tastes like shit??

Dante looks horrible, the main character from enslaved looks horrible
    most of their characters they’ve ever done actually have looked horrible except for nariko who they copied bloody verbatim for the enslaved female lead!

63. Johnny Cullen

I agree with Michael in saying that new Dante look is nowhere near the look of Tameem.

And the bashing of him is a bit overboard as well. I’m no PR, but when I met him in Barcelona while I was seeing Enslaved, he seemed genuine. He really cares about the games he and Ninja Theory makes.

Passionate, basically (not Molyneux passionate, obviously, but still passionate enough).

Not to mention, a good guy to interview. That said, it has only been once. But I came away from Spain with a good impression of him.

That’s just my two cents anyways.

64. YoungZer0

@62: Well, because your taste sucks? I’m sorry but that’s the truth. Dante looks awesome. He’s looks absolutely unique. Never ever did we have a character like this before. Same goes for Monkey. NT really knows their stuff.

You clearly don’t.

65. AHA-Lambda

“I’m sorry but that’s the truth.”

subjectivity taken as fact now? Whos the troll now? Ass.

66. YoungZer0

@65: Don’t blame me for playing by the rules you made up.

67. spiderLAW

@ YoungZer0
    Offended at all by my comments? Clearly you have something up your ass. I was having an adult conversation with Mike so you can take your childish antics to some place where people might give a crap about the vomit that spews out of your mouth(mind). Son.

You really have no clue about what you speak of. My comment on the emopunks and youth have nothing to do with their fashion sense in the 1 sentence you read. It has to do with their ignorance towards honor, self-respe…….I will stop explaining this to you because you obviously have selective reading/hearing/thinking as you have clearly missed everything I had said except for whatever it is YOU found so offensive enough to take the defensive.

Again. They say that they tried modernizing Dante. In what kind of concept designer’s mind does an 80s look become modernized? If he/she truly intended on modernizing the character he/she wouldn’t have picked an out dated style. So unless the artist is a complete moron, you would obviously see that the style he was going for was Emopunk.

Grow Up kid. Then come back and try to have an adult conversation.

68. Callum

There is so much hate on this site! Why is everyone so ANGRY! Pat, I think you need to re-arrange something to get the chi back in flow…or what ever its called

69. spiderLAW

Tea and Crumpets?

70. daytripper

coffee for me and a bacon butty

71. Isaaclarke37

I am still not convinced.

72. Monk

* SPOILER IF YOU DIDN `T PLAY DMC 4 *

All I saying is we will miss him, we really do !!

73. GitForceGemini

I’m not going to take lectures in what’s cool from a guy who designs his female characters with red spaghetti for hair.

74. venomcarnage

the name of this game is devil may cry
    not cool may cry and how he is cool by smoking or go to prison
    the old dante must come

75. venomcarnage

this game now is like resident evil and saw in the draw and marvel
    but devil may cry must be have religion draw not houses
    and where is vergil and nero fuck to this game name

76. Someguy112233

Excuse me Tameem Antoniades. you think Dante would get laughed At with his original Design?

EXCUSE ME, look at the fucking mess you made! Dante Looked Better back then, WAY BETTER then his Stupid looking counterpart! This Dante would not just be laughed at, But be Beaten up, bullied, and Car Drivers Running over him on purpose

And The Games Are still cool, EVEN TO THIS DAY

You sir, are a FUCKING moron! no, More then a Fucking moron, You have a brain Capacity of a Roach!

DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4. When you played the games, it made you feel Cool, it was Cool, Dante, Vergil, trish, Lady EVEN FUCKING Nero Was All Badass

This. THIS MESS, is not Cool, Its a Down right Sloppy, And i bet when people play this, its gonna make them Feel Dirty, Dirty of how right DISGUESTED They are!

The songs they played, Where Cool, the song you played in the Trailer, Was not, What was that, Justin beiber Playing?

if I EVER meet you, i Want to go up to you, and Throw a Briefcase at your Head because of how Downright RETARDED you are!

And You guys, NINJA Theory, Have Not made a Good Game YET, No, All your Crappy Ass Games, Are worth SHIT

PS: Are you also Suggesting Smoke is cool? looking like a Guy who was Beaten Shitless is cool? What are you? Fucking 8?

77. Someguy112233

Also, no offence to any Japanese people, i just Got to say this

But the things THOSE PEOPLE wear, Dante would look like a Normal Person Compare to those Guys!

And he wasn’t Even born anywhere NEAR tokyo To be honest, He wasn’t in like Ramen shops or Places that Had Japanese Text and all that shit, it was more like he was in Germany or The USA Of New York!

78. Someguy112233

this is my Last One for, EVER actually, i only made this account to BITCH about how fucking stupid this guy is

When did fucking Games Became a Fashion show?

or when Did Games have to become Real? What, you implying that your making the Game more ‘realistic’? Dude, What the fuck, Seriously.

games are not suppose to be base on in Real life Thats what Makes them “fantasy” Games.

And Your Thoughts about “Fashion” Is also stupid, GOTH, or Emo, Is a Fashion Statement, But its also a Bad one, Why? Because thats why people get Bullied SO fucking much in todays Society!

and you dumbasses saying “oh the old hairstyle of dante Is Stupid, it looks like fucking jusin beiber, this new one is Great, cause it looks like ect” ALMOST EVERYONE HAS THAT FUCKING HAIRSTYLE YOU FUCKING SMUCKS! EVEN I DO! ITS BECAUSE I DONT PUT FUCKING GELL IN MY HAIR! and Dante does not look like a Pop singer FROM TOKYO! He looks more Western cowboyish in the 4th one!

AUGh, You have no idea of how PISSED i Really am at these types of people, WHY Is this world Full of Fucking IDIOTS?! EVERY, on the net, At home, at school, at Work, AT FUCKING EVERYWHERE, Is idiots!

And ninja theory, YOU GUYS are the Biggest idiots i have EVER encountered in my life

GO learn what cool and What GAMES and REALITY Fit in That Small iron box you Call A BRAIN!

79. Scady

AND THE REST IS SILENCE…

80. Screwninjatheory

Ninja theory, kindly go die, i was starting to like the new character except the smoking, which is jus EFFING stupid, now back to the real reason im pissed, if the original dante walked into any bar in japan the way he was theyd bow down to him you dumb SOB i mean really wtf is wrong with you now he looks like a punk with an attitude problem, that no one will like. I hope that this project gets cursed and all of you die making it >.> Sincerely another fan of the original dante who hates your guts with all his heart and soul

81. Telepathic.Geometry

Wow.

82. monkeygourmet

Really enjoyed Enslaved and was upset to hear it sell so badly, but, this Re-boot idea that seems to have recently cropped up in gaming / movies is getting out of hand. Gotham Night & Batman Begins are often used as movie examples of re-boots done right but this is bullshit, they weren’t re-boots, they simple had the character down better than the few bullshit kiddie friendly films previously (Batman & Robin, Batman Forever)… Comopared to those films anything is gonna seem good… As for Dante, it’s a fucking video game, this:

“But, you know, what was cool 12 years ago – I think that was when the first game came out isn’t cool any more.” attitude doesn’t really apply. If your that worried about someones clothes being relevent now, just make a new franchise… video game Characters these days are hardly going to stand the test of time if your basing them on Twillight style fads…