Castlevania: Lords of Shadow demo appearing on PS Plus today

Wednesday, 22nd September 2010 10:38 GMT By Johnny Cullen

castlevanialos2

The EU PS Blog has announced a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow demo will be appearing on the EU PS Store later today, but only for PlayStation Plus subs.

The taster will be exclusive to PS Plus members from today to next Wednesday, when the full banana goes live for all PSN members.

We’ll email Konami to see if 360 will get the demo at the same time as well.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow launches on October 8 for PS3 and 360. Get the amazing TGS trailer for it here.

1. Blerk

Very interested to finally get a go at this, so I hope there’ll be a 360 demo as well.

2. mington

+ :( this is going to quickly become the norm isn’t it

so is that a week until normal accounts get it?

i couldn’t even get on my psn account yesterday, the latest update was chucking errors at me when i tried to sign in. Hopefully fixed now.

3. typeface

@2. PSN was undergoing maintenance yesterday from 1600 GMT to 0200 GMT.
    They did announce it on their blogs but no one took note. Sort of why the US PSN updated on Monday instead of Tuesday.

4. mington

Realistically 360 gold accounts should be getting it very soonish too, unless this some exclusivity thingy going on

5. Suikoden Fan

the more this gen goes on the more i hate it, it seems live and now plus have you paying towards acessing demos. Last time i checked demos are meant to entice you to buy said game not a console companies package.

6. mington

@3 Who reads the sony blog. they should send out messages like Microsoft does, or state that it’s under maintenance on the error message. There must have been tens of thousands of people yesterday thinking WTF

7. typeface

@6 It was announced alongside with the update really. Most news blogs pick it up. Besides there are people who read the blog since esp on the US blog there’s the whole vote for what you want feature and the EU store blog actually has the staff answering questions for the most part and often leakages about release dates.
    There are people who do read as well as people who don’t.
    p.s. I’ve never gotten an email from MS saying that live is undergoing maintenance. I don’t think they do that. It is nice that now when they do maintenance not all MP games are affected.

8. Aimless

I don’t think it’s anything to get too bent out of shape over. From a publisher perspective having a limited release of a demo first makes more sense, and I genuinely think it is a case of some people getting the demo earlier than originally planned by the PR schedule; no doubt the demo has been ready to go for some time.

Everyone gets access a week before release, so I don’t think there’s much grounds for complaint.

Also, I agree with mington that Sony need to send out blanket PSN messages when maintenance is on the horizon, or at least have more informative error messages. They’d save themselves a lot of trouble in the long run; imagine how many people were swamping Sony’s customer support because they thought there was something wrong with their account.

9. M2Kx

“p.s. I’ve never gotten an email from MS saying that live is undergoing maintenance. I don’t think they do that.”

Ehm, I always get e-mails and xbox live messages if sth like this is going to happen.

10. evilashchris

+ Users only eh? I wonder how they both will like it? :D

11. KrazyKraut

the demo is cool…i think its the one you could play on the GamesCom.

12. Blerk

How long is the demo, Mr Kraut?

13. Nozz

Sony DON’T need to send out anything other than on their blog (thats what its for ffs). The majority of gaming websites also inform their users of this, so even if you didn’t know there was maintenance theres a multitude of easy ways to find out.

@10 You really should add more people onto your friend list

I hope all the hype about this game is true.

14. daytripper

fuck sake, was really looking forward to trying this, have to wait longer now.

15. Psychotech

@11 Is this the same E3 demo where Gabriel fights werewolves in a village?If so it’s very very short does injustice to the whole game and it’s nothing to go crazy about.

16. DJ Deathstar

I’d imagine 360 owner might get this tomorrow as although demo’s are released all throughout the week thursday tends to be the main day for them

17. daytripper

i might give the three month subscription a try tonight and see what stuff they have.

18. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Awesome. I’m not gonna subscribe to PS+ for this, I’ll wait a week, but THIS is what these types of services should be all about. Providing early game demos that people actually WANT to get their hands on. Kudos.

19. theevilaires

Early?…..you gotta be kidding me right! You don’t think this demo was ready to be released last month sometime. Give me a break. I’m sure Garratt already played this same demo like 2 months ago behind some closed door event.

Yea I’m gonna pay $50 for a week extra demo and be so fucking stupid to think that my $50 contribution helped speed up the process one week earlier. They’ve had this demo sitting on the PSN servers for a while now. Early access to shit like this is plain stupid and only causes grief that you are separating the community…..which SONY should not be trying to do right now.

20. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@19, you’re points are very valid TEA. I’m not a fan of the PSN+ service, which is why I’m not subscribing, but I do wish Qore would provide more shit like this. They’re “downloadable conent” is always crap. Wish i never subscribed to that.

P.S. Garratt, have you played the demo? Wondering how it is!

21. theevilaires

Its just nonsense to me thats all. Oh you got me SONY really good. You’re punishing me by teasing me with a week early demo for + subs….oh please have mercy.

Guess what assholes when a new PSN game comes out I’ll wait until you drop the price on it during your spring and winter sales ok. No more paying full price ok SONY. How do you like that since you want to be jack asses and hold content while creating a false illusion of value to a certain group of loyal PlayStation fans.

22. Blerk

Konami press release says:
    “KONAMI will also be releasing a 360 demo via Microsoft’s Xbox Live Arcade service, with dates to be confirmed.”

23. typeface

@9. I’ve personally not got those sort of xbox emails. I do get their marketing emails and reminders when say live is expiring and the like but not reminders that they have maintenance.
    When I’d asked my friends who work at MS they said that they don’t normally do that sort of thing, so I figured it was just a natural thing.
    Regardless, if they have maintenance it’s there on Hyrb’s blog and that’s all that’s needed really.

24. Isaaclarke37

I’ll be waiting to get it next week then.

25. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Anyone play this yet?

26. Blerk

EG forum response seems to be ‘it’s God of War but not as good, not bad but not great either’. Which is a bit disappointing, tbh. :-(

27. AHA-Lambda

so they havent shaken off the stigma of making jericho then?

cant say i’m surprised