Capcom, Level 5 teaming up on “some truly interesting things”

Wednesday, 22nd September 2010 11:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

capcomlogoa

Capcom dev head Keiji Inafune has confirmed in an interview with Diamond Online that the publisher is teaming up with Level 5.

He said to the publication in a joint interview with Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino they are “working together on some truly interesting things.”

“Even though Mr Hino is younger, he’s someone I respect. I wanted to try working with him, so I contacted him,” said Inafune.

No further details were given.

Hino explained about the developer’s plans to go west, saying he’d like the company to exhibit at E3 within the next two years.

“Next year or maybe the year after that, we’d like to have Level-5 exhibit at E3,” said Hino.

“While it’s recently become normal for us to exhibit at the Tokyo Game Show, to exhibit at E3 we feel that we have one more mountain to cross.”

Level 5 announced earlier this year it was opening up a US office, with a view to expand to Europe as well, according to Hino in the Diamond interview.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Blerk

Potentially interesting. I’d very much like them to do something in the Dark Cloud/Chronicle mould now that Sony appear to have lost interest. Perhaps Capcom could get them working on Breath of Fire 6? :-)

2. DaMan

Breath of Fire reboot.

edit – beaten.

3. Blerk

High five! :-D

4. Suikoden Fan

i’m not sure a reboout of breath of fire is needed just make one like 1-4 but not dragon quarter

5. Blerk

I loved Dragon Quarter – my favourite of the series, no question.

6. Suikoden Fan

my favourite was 3 tbh, apart from that damn desert at the end

7. DaMan

hated DQ, the change was for the bad. I presume it was their last hope to make it sell again.

their older ones were fine, they were almost on par with the better genre examples.

8. elronathon

Here’s me thinking that age becomes increasingly irrelevant as you get older, and as your career progresses so I found this remark kinda funny.

“Even though Mr Hino is younger, he’s someone I respect”

Must be tough respecting someone a whole *gasp* three years younger than you!! :)

9. scratchy69

Turn-based Street Fighter RPG. I call it.

10. LordCancer

@6 did you ever get past it? was one of my favorites up to that point. never made any sense to me and I gave up.

even though I’d like to see breath of fire live on, I am not a fan of level 5 games and I’m still not over what they did with dragon quest 8, 9. how would they trample bof?

is level 5 the only company that can make an rpg anymore? line up suikoden, lunar, grandia, let them trample on whats left of the noble jrpg lineage.

11. Michael O’Connor

Breath of Fire 6 please, Capcom.

12. b163oi

Level 5 has really been impressing me for a while now, let’s see if they keep it going O__o. Atlus is another that’s been impressing me.