BioShock: Infinite gameplay video released along with new screens

Tuesday, 21st September 2010 12:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

infinite

2K’s finally released the long awaited BioShock: Infinite gameplay video that’s been shown behind-closed-doors since the game’s reveal last month, and has also put out five new screens for your viewing pleasure.

After being teased in the latest GTTV, the video’s now available on Xbox Live Marketplace under Game Marketplace, then Game Videos, then New Arrivals. You should see it there. Or here from Xbox.com.

Or you could just watch it below, via GT.

The download comes in at just over 462Mb.

The footage is the same that Justin and Keza saw at the shooter’s reveal in New York and at gamescom in Cologne last month.

It was also aired during a PAX panel alongside Game Informer as part of its continued coverage for the game on its latest issue.

Infinite launches in 2012 for PS3, 360 and PC. Get the screens below.

1. Johnny Cullen

About to watch this now. Super stoked.

2. Johnny Cullen

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

That was awesome! 8D

3. Callum

Ohh, my turn too watch it then.

4. StolenGlory

Johnny – is it longer than the 55 second promo that was recently released, or is it the same vid?

5. Johnny Cullen

Stolen – It’s the real deal. Near ten minutes long.

6. StolenGlory

This makes me happy.

Cheers!

7. troyx

Johnny please upload it on youtube !

8. daytripper

(picks up jaw from the floor)

that was just….brilliance

9. troyx

for the love of god some one upload it i am going crazy here ! i don’t have a fucking xbox

10. Xazzor

Eh, I also haven’t Xbox 360.. Maybe someone upload it on youtube? :)

11. daytripper

dont know how to do it or i would

12. mington

citing!!!

isn’t on the official site…..i’ll look it (but i’ll wait till i get home and watch it proper like)

13. Michael O’Connor

The video is way too choreographed to be legitimate gameplay. There’s a *lot* of smoke and mirrors going on in it.

Still looks amazing though, and just reassures me even more than this game will be the sequel that Bioshock 2 should have been.

14. troyx

take a usp flash then plug into the xbox ,copy the video and upload it to youtube or anywhere else

15. mington

thats a nope

16. daytripper

dont have a flash drive at the moment sorry

17. David Sarkisjan

Just watched it … and it’s … it’s … f-ing awesome.

A lot of scripted moments, but I can already say this is going to rock.

18. Johnny Cullen

I just watched it again. It really is amazing.

I want, nay, need more!

19. Erthazus

and still no one recorded that video? Woosh.

20. StolenGlory

There you go.

Enjoy folks :)

Don’t forget to watch in HD too.

21. Blerk

Ooh! Off to watch this right now.

22. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added a YouTube version there.

23. troyx

thanks stolen !

24. Blerk

Well that was all kinds of fucking awesome!

2012, though? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

25. DSB

The more I see, the less pissed I get at Levine for passing on X-Com.

Amazing stuff. I wish more developers would make games with even the half the soul of that video.

26. KAP

FUCK!

27. Stephany Nunneley

added five new screens to post

28. Isaaclarke37

I saw a very small footage on GTTV last week and i can’t wait to see more.

29. The Hindle

Wow 2012 though nooooooooooooooooooooo

30. Erthazus

That was heavily orcestrated, but yes, it looks fantastic.

But 2012 is too much for this game. I mean at 2012 these visuals will be just meh… It’s already meh… Look at the models. That Elizabeth looks really, not something that i can call a human. But yes, this does look really good.

31. DSB

@30 Totally, no one will enjoy playing this a little over a year from now. No way.

I mean we all play games just to look at them. Gameplay is for idiots. If they’re ugly, what’s the point?

It’s all about teh engines and teh polygon count, baby!

32. Erthazus

@31 John Carmack disagrees with you. He said a very good opinion on that statement about visuals, graphics and e.t.c. at this QuakeCon. Graphics and visuals are important as a gameplay in any game and i agree. If you don’t, why won’t you buy a WII and play Super Mario Galaxy than?

and i can’t judge this trailer about the gameplay, because it’s just a trailer. You can judge visuals, art. you can judge gameplay when you are playing the game actually. What i saw was BIOSHOCK 1 with a lot… a LOT of script and cinematic moments that were also orcestrated and awesome, so…

PS: I also said nothing about polygons and engines, i said maximum about the models. Everything else… Looks just dated for 2010.

33. NinjaMidget

So excited now!!!

34. theevilaires

Ummm yea I think UC3 has so competition :D The gameplay was great, but this is 2k and I’m sure they will fuck over the PS3 crowd as usual.

35. DSB

@32 Deus Ex called, it wants you to stop playing it. There were retards like you claiming that would never succeed as well, based on the engine and the visuals.

Graphics are scenery, they provide little to no substance on their own, and the only people who care about the technology behind that scenery is you and maybe a handful of other nerds.

The Wii is ugly, but it’s still the most played console in the world. In fact, the most graphically capable console on the market is selling the least. Clearly people don’t give a fuck.

36. Erthazus

“There were retards like you claiming that would never succeed as well, based on the engine and the visuals.”

Maybe you are retard, but game visuals at that time for Deus Ex were normal. I never complained about it.

“The rest of us just enjoy the artwork and play them instead of looking at them like a photograph or a movie, and bitching about how the pixels are put together.”

I never look at them as a photograph or a movie. Better visuals, better presentation of a game and art style. I can’t go back to the games that looks worse than before for example.
    And you said something that proves that you are fucking retarded (as always):

“The Wii is ugly, but it’s still the most played console in the world”

“the Wii is ugly”

Well you ARE.

Most played? Prove link about MOST played? Statistics please.

Wii is ugly (in your retarded opinion and imagination) and they have Mario Galaxy, Zelda and e.t.c. that have one of the best gameplays out there. FACT.

37. osric90

I like how Bioshock has the cartoonish style in modeling but the textures are so detailed. I love the style, I’ll wait for 2012 anxiously.

38. DSB

@36 I’m guessing it’s because you probably weren’t a gamer back then, as everybody was talking about Deus Ex and it’s choice of an old engine. If you compare it to Half-Life, which was two years older, it was horribly outdated, and arguably looked worse. Journalists like Tom Chick famously spent most of their reviews ripping the game to shreds for it’s choice of engine.

Wiis consistently sell more than any other console. Wii is the ugliest console. PS3 is the prettiest console. PS3 consistently sells less than any other console. As such, people clearly aren’t prioritizing graphics.

I don’t blame you for resorting to mincing words when you can’t defeat the argument itself, though.

You love your graphics, and we love our games. Have fun with that.

39. theevilaires

DSB said: “The Wii is ugly, but it’s still the most played console in the world”.

What did you just type!? Oh boy you better edit that right now. Just because they have sold a shit load doesn’t mean its the most played. Theres so many people who haven’t turned their wiis on since 2008. And I think you’re forgetting the KING of all consoles the PS2.

40. DSB

@39 I’m not gonna go back and edit a post because I word something wrong. I word lots of things wrong, I don’t mind admitting to that.

Obviously I have no idea whether the people who buy Wiis actually play them. I just think it would be a logical conclusion that that’s why they bought them.

Thanks for bringing up the PS2, though. Insanely ugly console, but still one of the most succesful in history.

41. Erthazus

“I’m guessing it’s because you probably weren’t a gamer back then”

Another internet guess? wii is ugly, now you know when i started playing games?

“If you compare it to Half-Life, which was two years older, it was horribly outdated, and arguably looked worse.”

Cool story bro, comparing FPS to the Action RPG.
    Hey moron, start comparing Deus Ex: Human Revolution with RAGE or Crysis. Right Now!

“Regardless, I can tell you get very uncomfortable when proven to be an idiot, so let’s just leave it at that. It gets a little boring elaborating on and repeating the same things over and over again, to someone who knows absolutely nothing, and doesn’t really want to learn either.”

CRY MOAR.
    So much for the excuse sir. I’m still waiting for the explanation :D Stop making yourself very clever, because you sound like a five year old fanboy. A lot of people said that already :D

@TEA, leave him , he said in the Halo article that Modern Warfare 2 have high sales because half of the people bought it for the singleplayer Campaign :D but mature and clever people play multiplayer :D

Here :D

42. Psychotech

another overrated Bioshock.awful character design once again for such detailed environments.they should have thrown in some Disney characters and call it Kingdom Hearts and get it over with.

43. Michael O’Connor

Christ, I’m still blown away every time I load up Okami.

44. Erthazus

“It’s a little sad that people are so spoilt with “realistic” graphics that they look at a game-world as beautiful constructed as the one in this trailer and call the graphics “meh”.”

Learn to read:

“Even graphically Mario Galaxy is really stunning sometimes because of what designers did there.”

I wrote that. I’m not a fan of realistic graphics, i’m a fan of the art style and graphics are important if everything is done right.

Bioshock Infinite don’t have this magic. Opinion.

45. Michael O’Connor

My comment was aimed at numerous posters, not you. Chill out.

While I agree with what you said, I for one think the game *does* have that magic. In spades. The game world we’ve seen from just this one trailer oozes personality and depth, and I for one think the character design is great.

46. Lord Gremlin

I loved the first Bioshock, even bought 2 copies – for PC and PS3. This comes from same people, and therefore a must buy.

And they really learned how to make good gameplay videos. Original Bioshocks’s videos weren’t really good.

I wonder if PC version will have some sort of online activation. I still feel uncomfortable about it in the first game. At least PS3 copy will serve me as long as I want.

47. manamana

Erthzus, if this had no magic, than what the fuck in the entire gaming world has? “Scripted, orchestrated, visuals meh” – we really do live in different worlds, you coldblooded polygon counter.

48. macronia

loved it and wanna it now

freakin awesome .. plz 2K 2011 seems good to me

49. Moonwalker1982

2012? Oh my…..way too long!!!!! :(

I especially loved the ending with the thunder and all that.

50. Mark Rein

WTF the quality of this video capture is horrible. The game looked 100x better that that at the live demos in Germany. Whoever captured this really screwed up and way, way over-compressed it. This game itself utterly amazing and one of the most beautiful looking games you’re going to see this generation. I feel sad for Irrational that their amazing demo has been compressed to hell on Youtube betraying the awesome visual work they’ve done. Please look past the artifacts and imagine this is better looking than any game you’ve played so far because that’s how I felt when I watched it played live in Germany.

51. DSB

@41 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

I’m pretty amazed at how you can write posts that long and not make an actual counter on any of my arguments. You really are a special kind of stupid.

52. manamana

Mark Rein doomed the bad compression of the video. Here is another one, I think its better looking. Can watch it over and over again.

53. Michael O’Connor

Watch the one on the 360 if you have it. The visual quality is *much* higher on it.

54. manamana

Yes, I did. But since there are so many XB haters, they at least deserve the best from youtube ;-)

55. absolutezero

Just watch it in HD on gametrailers.

Im a little underwhelmed to be honest. Nothing that I was’nt expecting, plasmids and steam punk weapons.

Did get a chuckle out of the “Murder” of crows though.

EDIT: corset boobs lol.

56. mington

Whats that i see at 1:06….

A ROBOT FUCKING STALLION

57. AHA-Lambda

wow! that was breathtakingly fantastic!!! :D

58. Stephany Nunneley

I added a video with better quality than the YouTube version, and with easier embed codes.

59. Isaaclarke37

FIRE!
    I loved Saltonstall’s voice, it suited the gameplay.
    The game looks like fire as well.
    Can’t wait.