Kojima: “It would be nice” to “introduce my own new game” at TGS 2011

Monday, 20th September 2010 11:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

kojima

And the teasing has already begun. Hideo Kojima has said it would be “nice” to “introduce” his new game at Tokyo Game Show next year.

The Kojima Productions boss said in a tweet:

“I think it would be nice if next year I can do not just editing, but introduce my own new game (game design, script and direction).”

The editing part he was referring to was the self-made trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Kojima then jokingly said the word “five” three times, leading the internet to go into fever-wank mode.

“Maybe, I’ll do 5,” he said during a Konami TGS stage show (via Kotaku).

He then joked about it during a MGS cosplay showing, saying: “It’s 5! Shall we make 5! With this, I won’t have to quit Konami. I’ll be there for three more years.”

Originally, PSP MGS title Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker was known as MGS5, but the title was dropped before its announcement at E3 last year.

Kojima also introduced Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots at TGS five years ago in a real-time trailer, the first of its kind running on PS3 at the time.

Alas, no ZoE3 by the looks of it.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. zoopdeloop

I think Kojima productions must put a closure to the MGS franchise already and move on to new Ip’s while also give the fans a sequel to ZOE.

2. Blerk

I can’t imagine him ever doing a ZOE sequel. Surely it’s been too long (and it wasn’t that popular to begin with)?

If he doesn’t do another MGS I’ll eat my pretend hat.

3. Erthazus

ZOE won’t happen. Too niche… Sold not much, but i want it. Second one was great.

I hope his new game is Snatcher or MGS5 at least.

4. StolenGlory

Is Snatcher not also similarly niche? Perhaps even more so?

MGS5 or something new seems like a surer bet.

5. Erthazus

@4 Snatcher is forgotten, so total remake of it won’t hurt a bit.

6. AHA-Lambda

please i LOVE mgs but NO MORE!!!

ZOE3 GOD DAMNIT!!!!!

7. StolenGlory

Yep, still niche though.

8. Kuwabara

where the fk is his taboo project

9. osric90

Snatcher would be awesome with a brand new gameplay, still mature content and others. And I must say to all YES, no more MGS please, it’s a perfect circle right now, which hopefully gets even more complete with Rising, but another one would be TOO MUCH. We want new things now and remember our MGS with love, not with pity of how it went to shit like Silent Hill. But anyway, Kojima is a Genious, I hardly doubt he does a bad move at this point of his career.