Rockstar details Undead Nightmare Pack for RDR a bit more

Thursday, 16th September 2010 18:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

rdr

Rockstar has detailed its Undead Nightmare Pack for Red Dead Redemption a bit more.

It has zombies, remember?

Slated for fall, the Undead Nightmare Pack is a mostly single-player campaign tasking John Marston with finding a cure fort a “highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier”.

In addition, pack also features new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and a brand new secret location.

A new multiplayer mode will also be included, with Rockstar promising more information on it soon.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available simultaneously for download via PSN and XBL for $9.99/800 MSP.

No exact date yet, but we’ve heard rumblings it will be released the week of Halloween. We’ll just have to wait and see what Rockstar says, though.

Until then, Liars and Cheaters is out next week.

1. No_PUDding

If it’s John, we can assume it’s non-canonical, so I don’t mind.

I won’t be buying it though. I loved Red Dead Redemptions credibility. It was an original and intriguing setting by any medium’s standard.

2. No_PUDding

Actually, if we were to have a Leonard Nimoy opening with John sitting in an armchair in a dimly lit library, explaining the following is not part of the Neo-Red-Dead-Fiction, I’d be way in.

3. b163oi

Mostly single player. I really hate the MP, so single player DLC is what I’ve been waiting for.

4. frostquake

@ b163oi

Don’t Know ya partner, but I like the jest of yer talk!

Since I am a SP only person myself, it is rare to get any kind of SP DLC, well unless your Bioware..those sweet little muffin ponies treat us Single Players Right!!

In a Market FLOODED with MultiPlayer DLC, I am sure glad to see some SP support…Thank You Rock Star!!

Long Days and Pleasant Nights, if it Kin ya and yer Ka-tet
    and at the end of the long road, remember all Roads lead to the Dark Tower!!

5. DiodeX

Seriously! more fecking Zombies!!, come on, there are soooo last year now! (Apart from Dead Rising 2)