Feder: PS3 with Move is Wii HD

Wednesday, 15th September 2010 07:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

move2

Take Two CEO Ben Feder has told attendees at an investors event that Wii HD exists today in the form of PS3 and Move.

Speaking at the Kaufman Brothers, L.P. Investor Conference in New York, Feder also told a story on how his son is now embarrassed to bring over any friends because he doesn’t have a HD system like a PS3 or 360.

“What Sony and Microsoft have really done with Kinect and Move, especially Move, is provide a bridge for guys that are used to playing the Wii system with the wand and bringing them over to a HD system,” he said.

“The PS3 with Move, in my view, is the Wii HD system. I think maybe Mom isn’t playing, but the kids are ‘graduating,’ and Microsoft and Sony have both provided a bridge to bring them over.”

He also briefly touched on when we’re going to see the next main GTA being announced. Spoiler: not any time soon, by the looks of it.

“Unfortunately, we’ve said everything we’re going to say about Grand Theft Auto. I appreciate everyone’s concern and interest as to when the game is coming out,” said Feder.

“We’re not prepared to announce it today, but when we are, we’ll let you know.”

Thanks, IGN.

1. itsucks

Feder: PS3 with Move is Wii copy-cat dildo powered rip-off and way less acurate for your pieceofshit3 and ass* delight.

*phony lube sold separately.

2. Dannybuoy

So Wii is school, PS3 is college. What’s university?

3. Erthazus

@2 PC, MAC :D

j/k

4. orakaa

@1 : I have sold my Wii and traded it for the PS Move, which I have since yesterday (today is the official launch day in France and some sellers were already selling it yesterday). I have spend the whole evening testing many different games (both “older” games I already had and the new ones)

Honestly, the PS Move is going in the same direction than the Wii…. but it is no ripp-off, rather a real evolution/improvement.
    I have played many games on the Wii but I can tell you that the Move is WAY more precise and WAY more comfortable to handle than the Wiimote (you DON’T have to CONSTANTLY keep pointing your controller toward the Infrared captor as with the Wii, and that alone make your movement more natural, less tiring and more fun).

The ping pong game in Sports Champions alone is absolutely stunning : I have played ping pong quite a lot when I was at school, and I could REALLY have the same feelings and create the same effects I used to. The position of your hand, angle, strength : everything is taken into account to a point where you can really do what you would like to.
    I have also tried Tumble which is excellent (this game need such a precision… and you can actually judge the “3D depth” the Move can add)

5. kasasensei

Ben is right.

6. Tonka

I don’t think it is as simple as he is trying to make it sound. It won’t be Wii HD until they have a title that sell like Wii Fit/Sports/resort/Play.

They might manage Wii Music levels but I doubt they’ll go further than that.

7. orakaa

@ Tonka :
    only the future will tell. I think he was more referring to the possibilities of the system rather than the (potential) number of sales. But on that part, PS Move could make a surprise on the sales : no one was expecting it to sell a lot here in France but even yesterday (one day before official release), I saw lots and lots of people coming in to buy it, one day before release, to a point where I almost didn’t manage to get one, as all the units available (and they had A LOT) were already reserved/taken.