Dead Rising 2: Case West announced – first trailer and shots

Wednesday, 15th September 2010 12:25 GMT By Johnny Cullen

frank west

Capcom’s just announced an epilogue for Dead Rising 2, which is similar to Case Zero, known as Case West.

The epilogue has Dead Rising 1 protagonist Frank West team up with Dead Rising 2′s Chuck Greene, and the story takes place after the events of Dead Rising 2.

The reason for West’s return is journalists asked for the character.

Like Case Zero, Case West will be a 360 exclusive. No date yet.

Capcom also announced its purchase of Canadian Dead Rising 2 developer Blue Castle Games. More details on that here.

The first trailer and shots for it are below.

1. Blerk

Ha, I was sure you were going to say that this one was PS3 exclusive! :-D

2. JonFE

Will this one be region-locked like Case Zero? :?

3. cookiejar

1200 Pointer this time probably :D

4. Blerk

Could you get around the region lock by making a UK account and putting a 1000 point card onto it so that you can buy them from the UK store? Or is it that you can download it but just can’t play it?

5. RETARDED VIKING

br? :D

6. Sneak-Out

Capcom sucks …. why not on ps3? donĀ“t wonder, why your financial report is a desaster

7. DaMan

sure does.

8. JonFE

Blerk, my account is already UK-based; XBL is still not officially supported in Greece.

So, either XBL checks my IP address for some games or I have made a mistake and used an Ireland address (doubt it, but I’ve read complaints on EG about Case Zero not available in Ireland).

Either case, all these games are showing up in Marketplace, but once I try to confirm the download I receive a error like “This is not available in your location”.

9. Blerk

Oh. Well that kind of sucks. Is the full game available in Greece?

10. JonFE

Well, I have it on pre-order at zavvi (cheaper that way, even with the current exchange rate), but it probably is… :lol:

11. DiodeX

@8, looks like you need another HDD and a friend in proper europe ;)

12. Lord Gremlin

Second 360 exclusive DLC? Fine, Capcom, I won’t be buying Dead Rising 2. This announcement is well-timed – I was going to order PS3 version this evening.
    Why are they making PC and PS3 versions anyway? So far they only discourage buying them.

P.S. @6 Why, their recent financial reports are really disastrous or what?

13. AHA-Lambda

@12 – capcom have lost ALOT of money this year after various BIG flops

14. zoopdeloop

it’s obviously timed-exclusive.

15. Lord Gremlin

@13 – well, I haven’t bought their games for a long time now, indeed, not my fault they sucked (Lost Planet 2 anyone).

It’s just funny how they discourage purchase on PC or PS3 while, you know, it’s first game in series on these platforms.

16. Gekidami

Its called “Case West”, do they really need to make a mystery out of who the second character is?

17. Moonwalker1982

So this is AFTER the events in Dead Rising 2 then?