BFBC2 Vietnam: Onslaught multiplayer demo shown at TGS

Wednesday, 15th September 2010 22:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

bfbc2vietnam

DICE product manager Kevin O’Leary is featured in a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Vietnam video below, giving you a walkthrough of the Onslaught demo on the floor of TGS.

We have it for you below, courtesy of Gamespot.

The developer has “backdated” the armor, weapons, and vehicles to the Vietnam era, but said it still contains the “same multiplayer experience” players will be used to from the BFBC series.

Revealed during its E3 press event, BFBC2’s first multiplayer Expansion Pack will allow players to fight as either a U.S. Marine or a North Vietnamese solider.

The expansion will be made available on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this winter.

Enjoy the video.

1. Erthazus

Lol. They showed it. At last. Looks great, but need HD video of this.

2. Yoshi

Little disappointing but a little hyped as well :P
    Shame they didn’t mention a price.

3. Erthazus

Yes, i want to know the price too.

If it’s 60$ i need to see there a content that will cost 60$. If it will cost like a standard addon. Instant buy.

4. Bremenacht

So it’s a new map (or maps) with some re-skinned stuff.

That’s the ‘free BC2 content’ promise neatly circumvented.

5. LOLshock94

so its just Onslaught wif new weapons or is it new mps and weapons and onslaught

6. GitForceGemini

BC2 already has jungle maps so I don’t see the appeal.

7. polygem

pricing is the key here. i love this game. really like the look of the vietnam pack. (AK 47!!!)….but xbl wise i would pay 1600 points ultramax and would hate dice/ea for ripping me off. would buy it anyway because i like this game so much… fair pricing would be 1200…a huge love letter to the fans would be 800…i also thought it´s 4 maps for the regular mp modes: rush/ conquest etc…does anyone know if it is onslaught only because if so i´m not that much interested. onslaught is ok and fun but nothing that keeps me hooked. i don´t play it much….

8. DSB

Sigh. Same dusty, over-contrasted visuals. Shiny like a thousand suns.

It’s hard to tell where those maps are supposed to be, but it certainly doesn’t look like Vietnamese jungle to me.

… But I do believe that’s a Stoner LMG in the last bit of the video! That gun is made of pure boner.

I think I’ll wait for a sale, though.

9. Moonwalker1982

4 maps, for a DLC that sure is quite good. When i watched this, i wanted to play it right away, really liking it. I hope its 1200 , i really don’t expect it to be 800.

10. Goldfarts

The deal killer for me is the additional “cover” devoted to snipers. BFBC2 games frequently degrade to a “sniper vs everyone else” game, and that’s no fun.

I’d like to see longer spawn times for snipers, say 2x. And reduce distance.

True they keep you moving, but if you are trying to actually play in a squad as a medic, you can’t stay alive long enough to revive a player.

I play sniper when I’ve been “over sniped” in a game and get po’d. Mostly headshots, so I know the role.

So that’s my rant.