Trials HD passes 1 million sales mark on Xbox Live

Tuesday, 14th September 2010 15:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

trialshd

RedLynx has announced its stunt biker game, Trials HD, recently passed the 1 million sales mark on Xbox Live.

Available on the service since August of last year, the milestone is for the original game only and does not include sales of Big Pack, which was the first bit of DLC released for it.

“Only a handful of downloadable console games have reached this plateau,” said Tero Virtala, CEO of RedLynx. “For a company of about thirty-five people, it’s a significant achievement, and it validates our strategy of focusing on online and downloadable games that have the potential to evolve into long-term, successful game franchises.”

“This is a satisfying milestone, but it’s just the beginning,” added Antti Ilvessuo, creative director and co-founder of RedLynx, as well as the lead designer on Trials HD.

Big Thrills, the second expansion pack for the game, is targeted for a Q4 release this year, complete with 40 new tracks – 10 of which which were created by fans competing in the Track Creator Challenge.

“With the Big Thrills DLC, we are including ten of the very best user-created tracks right alongside our own. Thousands of tracks were entered into the competition [and] for the next few weeks, I shall be a very busy, track-judging man,” said Ilvessuo.

Great job, and congratulations.

1. Len

Well deserved as it’s a great game but I just can’t play it anymore as it just gives me the rage… :)

2. Johnny Cullen

Top game, that. Was a pleasure to interview the RedLynx chaps last year as well.

3. DaMan

meh.

4. JonFE

Trials HD is the reason why many, many games in my collection (disc-based or not) have been constantly neglected since August ’09.

I have wasted so many hours on it, it’s unhealthy – yet have nothing significant to show for them; damn my elephant fingers… :lol:

5. mington

They should make a jet ski one……on water!

With wave machines and diving under obstacles and stuff. Like a mix between echo the dolphin,wave race and trails, that could totally work

6. Psychotext

One of my favourite games this gen… even though it’s nearly had me smashing up my controllers on a couple of occasions. :D

7. EscoBlades

Great game…but SO SO bloody difficult!

8. Goliath

Great news. Now, if I can only finish the bloody thing!

9. Dragon

Since I downloaded its second edition for PC, I loved it! It’s amazing… .

In the meantime, is ‘Trial HD’ only on X360? ‘Cause I don’t have one. I just got PS3.

10. Psychotext

Yeah, it’s an exclusive. For the time being anyway.

11. Ge0force

@9 Buy Joe Danger on PSN, it’s the same concept but even more fun :)

12. kasasensei

Deserved!

And no, joe danger is far to be as fun as trials.