Steam gets a Wallet

Tuesday, 14th September 2010 08:59 GMT By Patrick Garratt

wallet

Wallet functionality’s been added to Steam, allowing you to add funds to your account.

You can deposit anything between €5-100. Obviously, your currency will depend on where you live. Because that’s how money works.

Check it out here.

Beware, though: once your money’s in, you’re not getting it back: “Funds added to the Steam Wallet are non-refundable and non-transferable,” according to the now-updated T&Cs.

“Steam Wallet funds have no value outside Steam and can only be used to purchase Subscriptions and related content via Steam (including but not limited to games offered on the Steam Store).”

Still. Funky, innit.

1. osric90

Steam is saving videogaming. Games are mostly cheap, good and online gaming is just SUBLIME. I would love it if XBL and PSN would get such a perfect service like Steam for ALL of their games (CLASSICS, recent ones). Imagine for people that live in distant countries where games are around $80 and $90…buying one at the Steam-like service for 39$ would be perfect. PS1, PS2 and PS3 games…when that day comes, I will be totally happy, will buy a 5TB hard drive and will buy all the classic and recent games I want… WHEN THAT DAY COMES.

2. Anders

Yay, swedish money.

3. Lord Gremlin

Why deposit anything when it allows to pay any sum with your bank card? And I always memorize my bank cards numbers.
    Anyway, steam is definitely saving PC gaming. It’s the only thing that keeps me playing on PC and prevents me from moving to PS3 completely. The sales, those delicious Steam sales!

4. CptKurk

Feel free to deposit money in my wallet, too, then.

5. CptKurk

Oh, and I, unlike Steam, accept every single currency in the world.

6. Lord Gremlin

Well steam accept any currency. Because, you know, your bank converts your currency in USD.

7. NinjaMidget

Agree with 1 and 3.

Steam is a marvellous invention. only wish my computer was good enough to play all the games I want!

8. ShiroGamer

very good one, lets see if you can charge someone’s account instead of geting them a gift

9. Psychotext

Off topic… what’s with the stupid advert moving the latest comments box down the page?

YOU SOLD OUT, YOU CORPORATE WHORES!

10. Johnny Cullen

*rolls about in ad revenue-made money*

11. Blerk

Yes, that’s really very annoying indeed.

12. Patrick Garratt

I can move the MPU down below that box while the FFXIV campaign’s running. I’ll speak to the design chaps.

13. Blerk

And I want a pony!

14. Psychotext

If he’s getting a pony, I want a unicorn!

/stamps feet