SNES Wii controller (sort of) releasing in UK

Tuesday, 14th September 2010 16:46 GMT By Debabrata Nath

snespad

The classic Wii-compatible SNES pad, exclusive to Japan since 2007, is finally releasing in the UK through Nintendo’s loyalty program, Club Nintendo.

The pad can be plugged into the Wiimote and be used as a classic SNES controller. It’ll cost 7,000 Star Points.

Owning one won’t be easy though, as points can’t be purchased; Nintendo customers can earn them either by registering certain DS (100 points ) and Wii (200 points) titles, taking part in surveys conducted by Nintendo, inviting friends to become a Club member or visiting certain websites.

Cheap? Not.

1. theevilaires

Holy crap…..thats the controller that started it all for me. I have to say I would toss my dualshock on the side just to hold a wireless one of these that had rumble features.

2. Crysis

Won’t you be missing the two mini-joysticks Sony redefined as thumb sticks? I also find L2/R2 very important!
    The PSP is a SNES controller with a single stick & a decent sized screen.

3. locus2k1

costs 7000 stars… I have 6150 :(

I have raided every Wii and DS game in the house. It’s about now I had wish I upgraded to the DSi and the DSi XL.

4. theevilaires

Nope I love this controller. Its legendary in my book. The DualShock is the best controller ever made period but the memories of playing countless SNES games and having to learn the controller button layout without looking physically down at it marks a very sentimental place in my heart for gaming in whole.

The SNES was my first console. Mastering the controllers was like the equivalent of learning how to ride a bike back in those days for me. While the other kids took pride in learning how to do wheelies I took pride in mastering this sweet baby until it became second nature :D

5. AHA-Lambda

7000!?!? Taking the piss much?!

6. G1GAHURTZ

Hehe…

You make me feel old, tea.

I remember learning how to use the original NES pad way before getting a SNES. That’s the first home console game pad that I ever used.

It was different to the Gameboy (which I already had) because everything was in a straight line, so it took some getting used to…

Anyway, one of the biggest things things that I remember with the SNES pad was that it allowed you to beat someone one handed in Street Fighter II.

Those were the days that I was learning more and more new ways to pwn n00bs! lol!

7. SOMI

You can buy one here rather than saving up to 7000 stars

8. OlderGamer

I might just have to buy one of those things.

Lets not get on a how old are you, when did you start gamming thingie.

SNES? NES? Atari? Pong?

Yes yes yes and yes.

I first started playing at home in the 70s w/pong.

My fav controler = Saturn(redesigned), SNES, then XB360

My lest Fav = Anything PS, Atari Jag, then Collecovison

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I can remember playing Atari2600 with my dad and he loved it. Then when NES came out, I couldn’t get him to ever play with me anymore……..his reason?

“Too many buttons on the controler to memorize” lol

10. OlderGamer

His real reason:

“I don’t want to get my butt kicked anymore by my kid”

Games stop being as much fun when you start playing with kids that can beat you.

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@10 lol! Ahh the memories of “flipping” asteroids with pops. Classic stuff really.

12. Tonka

OMFG I just came in my shorts!