Black Ops PC will be same as console “in a way that makes sense for PC”

Tuesday, 14th September 2010 11:42 GMT By Johnny Cullen

callofdutyblackops11

PC owners should expect the same experience as console gamers for Call of Duty: Black Ops in November, but in a way that makes sense for the desktop, developer Treyarch’s told IGN.

“What we’re really trying to do on this title for PC is to give the PC community the same game the console guys are getting, but in a way that makes sense for PC,” said PC lead Cesar Stastny.

“You’ll be able to play unranked servers and not have a lot of different options as to how those games are run because they’re pretty much on par with what you get on the consoles. You play on unranked servers as well, and you can customise the way those games go.”

Stastny also discussed how various modes can be customised to occupy certain rules, such as an unranked match with “no perks, no killstreaks, shotguns only, snipers only, only headshot kills or one shot kills.”

Treyarch’s previously confirmed it’ll be bringing back dedicated servers with Black Ops following the feature’s controversial dropping from Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare 2 last year, with Stastny further reiterating there will be no matchmaking for the shooter this time round.

The game’s executive producer, Dan Suarez, said yesterday it won’t feature any campaign co-op at all.

Call of Duty: Black Ops launches on November 10.

Thanks, Evil Avatar.

1. Blerk

£5 more expensive than the usual PC RRP confirmed!

2. Erthazus

Yes, thats really cool. My server without killstreaks and other bull**** for noobs.

I still need to see this game and if i will like it i’ll buy it.

3. BULArmy

@2 Yeah and also one shot kill no perks, no snipes it sounds great. But only one provider for servers – FAIL.
    And fukin’ zombies, everything is better with zombies.
    P.S. Absolutely unrelated, can’t wait for Dead Rising 2 :D

4. frostquake

So if you want to play by PC rules you can? And if you want to play by Console Rules you can?? Um just curious, since I don’t PC game anymore…Would PC gamers want to play by console rules??

5. BULArmy

@4 If you want to play by your own rules you must play on unranked server, which mean no XP, unlocks etc. The console rules are for ranked servers.

6. Erthazus

@3 Gameservers is a good server provider. No stupid lags. You want to have a matchmaking system? Oh great. Who is a server that has the best connection will have a good result even if he sucks at playing. Thats just bollocks.
    + i’m not playing a game because of meta gameplay like achievements, trophies, perks. I just play.

@4 Console rules and PC rules are the same if you want to have perks and other stuff

7. BULArmy

@6 the nearest location to me is in Poland. And I am in Bulgaria. This is around 1500km. So the ping for me on my server will be around 80-100 which is not bad but I play on BC2 servers with 20-30 ping.

8. Erthazus

@7 BC 2 i have ping from 15-47 in most cases. If i’m going to the US servers it’s 120+ but i still manage to play well.

You won’t have 80-100 ping if you live in Europe and will have Europe servers. Depends on your internet connection also.

9. macronia

i don’t same experience .. i want more than console port
    i need to see improvement in graphics with DX11 support and more than console gamer will have

10. Grimrita

/no sale

11. EscoBlades

*yawn*

12. blackdreamhunk

good to know I am not buying this game any way. I have become more selective with games I buy these days. I have bad company 2 and other shooters.

So It does not hurt if I miss this game. rather go out with friends enjoy the sun that play a game I dislike or a publisher I hate!

13. DSB

Fucking hell.

So not only will you be surfing around a million servers with completely retarded names picked by any old retard, but you’ll also have to sort between a hundred different game rules?

I’ll gladly take 3 pointless timeouts of a matchmaker to be rid of that mess.

I wish more developers would have the balls to clearly define their gameplay and stick with it.

14. loki

Just lol
    believe PC nerds, believe!

15. G1GAHURTZ

loki makes me lol.

16. The Hindle

Microsoft believe Reach will outsell this….

17. manamana