Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy: first look at Lightning

Monday, 13th September 2010 08:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dff2 lightning

Square Enix has taken the wraps off the sequel to Dissidia: Final Fantasy, known as Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy.

A teaser site for the game, which was announced last week in Jump magazine, opened up overnight, and features a first look at one of the game’s characters: Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII.

In addition, Square confirmed the action title will be playable at Tokyo Game Show this week, with a full blow-out coming this week in the new issue of Famitsu on Wednesday.

The publication has a piece on it here.

Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy releases next year for PSP.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. polygem

i will never buy a psp again…loved dissidia though…3ds please?!

2. Erthazus

Awesome. PSP get so much love from Japanese devs :D

and not so much from the West…

3. StolenGlory

I love my PSP.

4. 2plus2equals5

I hope it’s not only a super dissidia:final fantasy turbo.

5. OlderGamer

Western love for a handheld? Funny.

My PSP3000 sits in a drawer.

To JP playing ad-hoc or wireless link PSP = playing online.

If your a reformed PS2 player that wonders where all of the great (JP) games are this generation. If you dispise xbLIVE. If you think Jrpgs are the pinnicle of gaming. Then a PSP is for you. For sure.

In the states handhelds the big handheld demographic is children. And ussualy younger ones at that. Mid to older teens are tethered to ipods, and adults tethered to cellphones.

I can’t think a single game I would play on the PSP that I wouldn’t rather play on a console. And as far as being portable and playing on the go. Not much room for that when I am driving everywhere I am going, or visiting when I get there.

There just isn’t much point to owning one. Once in awhile, my kids will tinker with it. Then again they don’t do the driving either. Tho my oldest now drives(you have not lived untill you teach a teen to drive!)

6. Michael O’Connor

@5 Funny you should say that. The PSP is currently my most played gaming device. I have it on me practically all the time, and my games collection for it is probably bigger than what I have for any of the other format.

You know, since I’m such a Sony hater… *winks in TEA’s direction*

7. OlderGamer

But your just a beast!!

Nah honestly tho, that is what I meant by reforming PS2 player. And maybe I should have widened that a bit.

Do you use the cable, connecting it to your TV, Michael?

I bought em, used it here and there. I played Phantasy Star Unviverse on it, but the pic quality degreads so much that I was better off just using the screen on the PSP.

I think the system offers a wide range of games that are hard to find on th ebig boy consoles. Like the JP-centric titles that seem to flood the handhelds. Last gen the PS2 got a lot of those type of games. This gen is more about western flavoured online games(that is what the reformed ps2 player bit was aimed at btw). So yea if you looking for those type of games, the PSP can be a decent platform.

But looking at the bigger picture, I just don’t see much a mainstream market for it in the west(particularly in the NA market).

I mean Halo Reach or PSP?

Uncharted 2 or PSP?

Or DS for that matter, either way the result is gonna be the same. Most folks are gonna see a handheld as something they use when they can’t use a console. And if your anything like me, if you have time for a game, you can use the console.

Hell I would rather take my laptop for an over nite stay then my psp to be honest.

Of course(the standard), whatever works for you comment here …

;)

8. 2plus2equals5

@oldergamer:
    i’m 29 and if i had to choose between my ps3 and my psp i’ll choose with no doubt the psp.
    Psp it’s not a console for children. The psp is victim of a lot of prejudices.
    A lot of children(even babies! In the church!) got ds, trust me if i say that i’ve never seen one of them using the pencil.
    I’m not saying that Ds is only for children, but it’s used as a babysitter.

9. OlderGamer

@8Aren’t you just proving two of my points in regaurds to the PSP and the handhelds in general?

Point one, your disenchanted with the current gen of consoles.

Point two most western(moreso in the states I think – I bet euros find more use for handhelds), handhelds are used by young kids.

10. 2plus2equals5

@:oldergamer
    This is my first generation of consoles so in my case isn’t disenchantement, but simply tastes. But probably you’re right in general.

My experience: ds used by a lot of kids and a pair of college students, psp used by a lot of college students and a pair of kids.

11. RETARDED VIKING

OH SHIT!!! Kain is handing Cecil his ass!!!