SEGA accidentally confirms Valkyria Chronicles 3

Sunday, 12th September 2010 21:51 GMT By Joe Anderson

vc

Sega has accidentally confirmed Valkyria Chronicles 3 via its Tokyo Games Show schedule.

As you can see, Sega has listed all the games it’s expected to show off at the event, with a few of the slots simply saying “Coming Soon.”

It all seems innocent, right?

Well, try changing the extension on the end of the URL to jpg instead of gif, and you get a whole different story. The game is mentioned for a showing on 2PM on Thursday.

Sega hasn’t listed the platform we can expect to see the game on, so at least for now, something remains secret.

Best news ever, innit.

Thanks, Gekidami (via ScrawlFX).

1. AHA-Lambda

I see PSP2 in that pic! O_O

EDIT: oh wait thats phantasy star isnt it -_-

2. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, Phantasy Star Portable 2. :)

In other news. thank you Jebus.

3. Nozz

@1 yep it is. Got me a bit excited there!!

This may just be the Console version that people wanted after all.

4. Erthazus

SON OF THE MOTHERDUCK… first time i thought it was PSP 2, than it is … Phantasy Star Portable 2… -__-”"”"”

But still… SON OF THE MOTHERDUCK it’s Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Valkyria Chronicles 1 is probably one of the best and original games on the Next generation systems. Not just on the PS3. It’s awesome and must buy for everyone. Basically it justify all PS3 purchase. Can’t understand why Sony can’t take it and market the shit out of it.

5. revolting

The big question for me is “Which platform is it on?” My PS3 still feels cheated by ValChron 2.

6. Erthazus

@5 Call a friend, steal a PSP and play VC2.

7. Panou

Yeah yeah yeah, SEGA “”"accidentally”"” confirms it… :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

8. revolting

@6 I don’t need to steal a PSP. I have one. I’d just prefer to continue the series on a proper console. I only use my PSP for quick, low-investment “travel” games. If I’m playing a game that requires substantial investments of time and concentration, I’m just not comfortable doing it on a small screen with a low-spec handheld when there’s a perfectly wonderful big screen with a high-spec console playing the elephant in the room a few feet away from me.

If VC3 is announced for PS3, I’ll probably pick up VC2 for continuity’s sake and try to squeeze it in before VC3 launches. However, if VC3 is announced for PSP, I’ll be saying a begrudging goodbye to the series. My loss, perhaps, but for a fantastically intricate strategy title with great plot and presentation, the platform is make or break for me on this one.

9. The1stMJC

I hear ya,
    I don’t like playing huge story driven games on my PSP. Mostly because I would have to play them at home near all my consoles and HDTV.
    This is my problem with Birth By Sleep I love the Kingdom Hearts series, but it is so hard for me to get into a portable game for long periods of time.

10. Kuwabara

It will be released on ps3, rather than psp, sp all the people who liked VC1 on ps3 will by it, and the psp fanbase for Vc2 will buy Vc3 ON PS3, and im sure some would buy a ps3 to continue the experience

11. xino

“, Phantasy Star Portable 2″
    lol

12. StolenGlory

I see lots of coverage on Yakuza: To The End as well.

This makes me happy.

13. Blerk

They’ve removed the jpg version now! :-)

I’ve no idea which platform this’ll end up on, the sales seemed to be fairly similar for both games. Either way, I hope it ends up where the fans want it to end up – it’s always nice for a niche title to be appreciated, especially one as pretty as this one.

14. mington

How do we know this is for PS3? And not for psp again or the 3DS.

My 3 step guide to Valkyria Chronicles

1) Sprint as close to an enemy soldier as possible
    2) MACHINE GUN TO THE FAAAAACE
    3) Repeat

15. Erthazus

They need to STFU you all and announce it ONLY on PC and make every each control for the PC. Each button on the keyboard and masterpiece is here.

I can dream.