Dead Space 2 multiplayer reveal footage short on space, makes up for it with plenty of death

Saturday, 11th September 2010 08:32 GMT By Nathan Grayson

deadspace27

The first multiplayer footage of Dead Space 2 has emerged from the Internet’s darkest depths, and if you’re looking for a kinder, gentler online shooter experience, you have literally come to the wrongest place. Whether you like your blood-and-giblet smoothies human or necromorph flavored, Dead Space 2′s got you covered. Mmmmm-mmmm. Tasty.

Check out the full, vaguely Left 4 Dead-ish trailer after the break, courtesy of Gametrailers.

1. Ercarret

So. Isaac was not alone. The Engineers of the Future seems more and more like some kind of elite task force. Wouldn’t it have been way cooler to have other types of people to play as in the MP? The Doc, for example, using dental drills and God knows what. Or the Teacher, using … pencils? Perhaps not. But unless there’s some really weird story to it, it seems strange that four engineers band together while everyone else are dead.

However, if the MP resembles L4D’s, then I’m all for it. I think that’s the way to go.

2. polygem

love horror, but space horror not that much…never liked the art design of dead space…looked boring to me. so i never played dead space (besides demo: it sucked)…everyone seems to love it though….maybe i should finally give it a try? ah no so many good games coming out now. you can´t play them all. can live with missing out on this one. also never liked assassins creed and wondered what the fuss is about. loved lost planet 1 and many people hated it.

3. BraveArse

I’d recommend giving it a go. The demo did the game more harm than good for sure. I hated it, but when I eventually came to get the full game I was completely blown away by it. It’s scary as hell especially with a decent surround sound system, so scary in fact that I haven’t played it for months because, much as I loved the game I couldn’t play it past a certain point. Lily livered I know ;)

I’m going to restart the game and play it through to the end before the sequel launches though.

4. Ercarret

I hate myself for trading in Dead Space. I loved it to death, but needed cash. I would also have liked to play it through once more before the sequel.

But yeah, the demo was rubbish. I played it and got really turned off by it. But everyone seemed to love the game nonetheless, so when I saw a “buy 3 for 2″ ad at a local Gamestop I picked it up as the free game. Best deal I’ve ever made. :D

5. onlineatron

Original Dead Space is one of the few games I HAVEN’T traded in.

I’ve had it since Christmas ’08 and STILL need to get one last trophy to platinum it (hardest difficulty), not sure whether I will get round to it but I enjoy having the game in my collection.

6. DJ Deathstar

I called it! Looks good although the little jumping kid necromorphs seem a little too much like the hunters in L4D

7. Gekidami

The guys you play as in MP are actually security guards/police. Not engineers.

8. Johnny Cullen

I want to play through the original Dead Space on 360, but I’m such a whuss. :(

Still, very pumped for this. Really am.

9. mathare92

Haha, same here JC. Always have a hard time not getting scared shitless in horror games, lol.

10. RETARDED VIKING

that looks ok i guess i’ll probably try it out but still i hope they put in a horde mode it’ll be perfect for deadspace.

11. The Hindle

Bleh so its Left 4 Dead Space basically. It didnt need multiplayer.

12. Gekidami

Just dont play it then. For 5 maps, and everything else taken from the singleplayer i doubt it takes up much disc space or much of the devs time to make.